• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2008 Mar 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidently selected "English" as application language at the first startup of Adobe Reader. Now I do not know how to change it to German, Edit -> Preferences -> International -> Application Language -> "Choose at Application startup" does NOT work. Do I have to uninstall Adobe Reader and reinstall it to change language?!?

Sorry for my broken English.

Kind regards - Oliver

Adobe Reader: 8.1.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. installed 3 times the German version of the Acrobat reader after deinstallation of the previos instal.
There is no change. Still everything in English. So what?
Mail to Adobe Support no answer yet

Dr. Josef Esser via JESSERGEL@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What e-mail address did you send your Adobe support request to?

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > International (Display in older versions of Reader), you are offered limited language options. These are between English and the language you chose when downolading (older versions), and the present language and selecting language at startup (newer versions), which will probably offer the same two lternatives.

And sorry, but private answers by email are contrary to the spirit of these forums. You can always subscribe to a topic if you want email notifications. Plus, publishing your email address in a public forum such as this is a gift for spammers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Claudio González, "How to change language?" #2, 26 Mar 2008 5:31 am If you go to Preferences > International (Display in older versions of Reader), you are offered limited language options. These are between English and the language you chose when downolading (older versions), and the present language and selecting language at startup (newer versions), which will probably offer the same two lternatives.

As I have written, selecting one of these Options does
b not work!
Wich means no matter what I choose here it has
b no effect
(even after restarting adobe reader or my notebook)!

Other Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the german package? The name is AdbeRdr812_de_DE.exe. In control panel => Add or Remove Programs (german Systemsteuerung => Software) you will see Adobe Reader 8.1.2 Deutsch. If you installed the english package, "Deutsch" will be missing. The name of the english installer is AdbeRdr812_en_US.exe.

I installed the english one and got exactly the same thing. I can select "Choose at Application startup", but at next startup there won't be any question and it starts up in english again. This is because the english package contains only english, where any other packages have english and the language selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2008 Mar 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver, I had the same problem and solved it as follows:
after installing the newer German version 8.1.2 over the existing English version I wondered still all commands remained in English. After desinstallation and new install: the same story.
By chance I followed the hint in one application asking me to choose between English or German and choosed german language. After that I found out that it ca be changed to and fro with the commands:
Bearbeiten
Grundeinstellung
International
Sprache; Auswahl: Deutsch oder Auswahl bei Start
(under win VISTA home premium)

wish you succes
JE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Immer noch aktuell, hat eben funktioniert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines