• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The requested file was not a valid font file

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serius problem with OTF fonts shipped with CS3 collection.

I had to reinstall windows to solve this issue a couple of months ago and now it's bugging me again.
When I double click on Minion (or other adobe OTF fonts) in fonts (control panel) i get this error:
"The requested file c:\windows\fonts\MinionPro-BoldCn.otf was not a valid font file"

And the worst thing is that the fonts are not being listed in any of the applications.

I opened my project today and I got an error saying that Minion pro bold was not found. I was working on that project yesterday. what could have heppened since then?

Please help me ASAP.
Thank you.
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the problem was.
I switched the /3GB switch of windows xp and after that the it started bugging.

I witched it off now and it's working now.

Wierd itsn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2008 Jul 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chinese Arabic or Russian?
I hope some one can help me. It's not like my life depends on knowing this or not but I would really like to know what this clock is saying. It came in the mail from China a week ago and I have not been able to figure it out. I would guess because this LDU Company business is in China that it is Chinese, but you never know, maybe the clock was made in China for Russians? The website is www.lducompany.com and the link to the sega sonic the hedgehog clock is on this page http://www.liangdianup.com/clocks_1.htm

There is a video on thier website on the sonic hedgehog clock page and you can hear what the clock is saying. If some one could tell me exactly what it is saying I would appreciate it. Thank you :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution. More memory for AE or OTFs that work... we have a choice, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I tried the /3GB switch, but did not succeed.

I solved my problem with an older version of my NVidia GeForce 9600GT driver - I installed Version 6.14.11.7116 from Asus.com and everything works fine right now.

It seems, that NVidia has made some changes in the driver that did cause this problem. When I installed Win XP 6 month ago, everything worked fine. Until I installed the new driver from NVidia.

I hope, this will help others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2008 Dec 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello all,
I have a serious problem related with .PFB font files. Is there any relation between font name length; I checked and if font name length is more than 30 characters I am getting an error that "the requested file C:\....\....Pfm,C:\....\....Pfb was not a valid font file". Although I am using the same way to install all fonts.

Please help me and give me any solution. Please let me know if there any limitation with windows XP, or its a limitation of Type 1 fonts.

Thanks in advance and pardon my English.
Thanks........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines