Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

internal software error: .\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217

Mar 11, 2006 11:15 PM

What is this about?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2006 3:00 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I encounter the exact same error every time I try to preview my project.
    It doesn't matter wether I make a new project, reinstall Encore DVD or even format my PC, every time I click preview I get that error message.

Quite annoying.
    Apart from that I also encounter a "General Error" when I try to build my project, again, starting from scratch, restarting, reinstalling or even formatting does not help. I hope someone here can.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2006 2:54 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    dwi777

We need a lot more info than this.
    Project details will be very helpful, along with details of your assets & navigation.
    Are you using Chapter Playlists?
    How many of them off the parent timeline?
    what happens
    i exactly
    when trying to preview?
    when trying to check project?
    Please give as much detail as possible - this error is basically saying that Encore has gone off at the deep end on you, and we need to try & work out why this has happened. Therefore as much info as possible will be great.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2006 3:12 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I've tried with 2 projects: 1 containing 2 menu's (main menu & chapter menu), 1 video timeline, 1 slideshow, no chapter points, no chapterlists. The other project I tried just contained a single video timeline, both show no errors when checked.
    The Video-file in both cases is an MPG file with MPEG2 Encoding.

Preview is impossible (Internal Software Error: .\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, Line 217).
    The problem occurs on both my computers.

I've had this problem on my laptop as well as my PC:
    Laptop, WinXP:
    Intel P4 2.4GHz
    512MB RAM
    40GB HD (10GB C:, 30GB D: (project is on this disk)) No external disks, no shared disks.
    GeForce GO 4200.
    DVD-ROM/CD-RW

PC, WinXP
    Intel P4, 2.53GHz
    1GB SDRAM
    800GB HD (total), Project is on 300GB SATA disk.
    DVD-RW

It's quite disturbing to find out that a program like Roxio DVD-Builder seems to be more efficient at making DVD's than Encore DVD. :(

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2006 11:32 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I get the same "vobulator" error.
    Tried to write a disk image of a five slide slideshow, no menu or timelines and one audio file. Rendered ok.
    Win Xp Pro
    Pioneer external DVR-106, but was wiriting disc image to C:drive
    2.4 ghz
    2 gig ram
    I have never had any sonic software on this computer, but all I can find on the net says its a Sonic file that means doom and despair for my slideshow project.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2006 2:04 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    David,

The other "vobulator" thread may help to solve your problem.

Btw: The error message originates in the Sonic AuthorScript engine used by Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2006 10:47 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I've just got the same problem

- NTSC
    - I have several animated menus with simple navigation
    - All videos are longer than 20 sec. Most of 'em already converted into "MPEG2-DVD" when importing into ENCORE
    - No editting done in Encore
    - No Audio in Menus

It all worked just fine until I've added some menus and a new video footage within a new timeline

When checking the project it shows no error

What should it be done to work again?

Peace!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2006 11:10 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    IT WORKS AGAIN!!! I PREVIEWS!!! IT PREVIEWSS!!!

I hadn't transcoded the last video footage I've added and after that it goes just fine!!

I hope my monologue can help

Peace!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2006 11:56 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Try to build dvd as dvd image. works fine to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2006 12:16 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    HELP!!!!!
    como puedo arreglar este problema??
    .\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217

tengo un proyecto que son 3 horas aproximadamente y el encore dvd me arroja ese error al tratar de hacer un preview y al tratar de grabarlo en disco..

que puedo hacer????

HElp PLEASE...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2007 2:03 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Tengo el mismo error.... ¿NADIE DA NINGUNA SOLUCION?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2007 2:08 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Tengo el mismo error: .\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217. Adobe Encore DVD 2.0 registrado. Ordenador Dual XEON, Windows WP.
    Placa base Asus Ncch-DL.

¿NADIE DA NINGUNA SOLUCIÓN?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2007 12:06 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Hi!
    I have the same error "\Vobulator\BlockPlanner\BlockPlanner.cpp, line.." with Roxio MyDVD LE 6 that I have in bundle with canon dc40 camera.

I have a start screen with 5 button.
    Each one link to a screen with 2 button : Photo (slideshow) and Video (one video with hand-made charapter mark).
    One of this video comes from the join of 2 vob on 2 differnet mini-dvd.
    With ifoEdit,dvd shrink etc I made a single vob and put it in my project.

When i burn it or create a dvd-like folder I have this error..
    SomeOne can help me?
    Sorry for my english...,I'm italian...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2007 12:05 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Alright I am not sure if this will help anybody but I thought that I would post it just in case it does help.

I ran into the Vobulator line 217 problem when I opened an old Encore1.5 project ane tried to preview.

Solution
    - Deleted chapter points I had at very end of each timeline. ( old 1.5 work around. )
    - Reverted all wav files back to original. ( right click on them in project view and select "revert to original. )
    - Transcoded all the wav's over again.

Everything worked after this.

Thanks
    Corey S

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 1:40 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I also experienced this problem after I had made some modifications to one of my timelines. I modified the video, re-encoded it and opened Encore. Upon trying to preview the video I received the above error.
    I discovered that my modified timeline was slight different in length to the original.
    You can drag the end of the timeline to the correct length but I simply deleted the timeline from the project and reinserted into the project just to make sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2008 1:26 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Very likely. Would you like to buy one, slightly used?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2008 2:59 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    I will talk to our BlockPlanner and see if used is ok

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2008 5:28 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Put together 2 slideshows based on Jpeg photo with a simple menue.Start building a dvd image as a "iso" file. Encore goes through nearly the whole build until I get the error

Internal software error
    Vobulator\block planning\blockplanner.cpp line 217

Does that mean I will have to get a new vobulator??
    C

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2008 5:28 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Have you got transitions in the slideshow?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2008 6:29 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Yes, but very simple ones mainly cross dissolve

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2008 8:14 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Can you build if you remove the transitions?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2009 2:52 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)
    Why has Adobe not sorted this? I have this problem with Encore CS4 but the first post was in 2006??!!!

I've tried all the methods in this thread but to no avail.
    Does anybody have any solutions?

Cheers
    Darren

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2009 5:52 AM   in reply to (Darren_Robert)

like someone else before said: kill all chapter marks at the very ending of the clips!!! if u find some -> they are waste!!!  all vobulator problems disappeared when i checked all my videos and timelines again!

Einer meiner clips hatte ganz am ende eine Kapitelmarke! Nach dem ich diese gelöscht hab, kam dieses Problem nie wieder! womöglich führt dieser verweis ins nowhere

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2009 8:52 AM   in reply to (Dwi777)

My Vobulator isn't working, I need a new BlockPlanner with 217 lines please. Adobe's is broken and after 3 years they can't work out how to fix it.

I have no chapters at all, and I've tried reverting all wav's back to original. Is that really all the suggestions we have?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 6:19 PM   in reply to vobulator

If you would like to give complete details on your Project and your Assets, plus the navigation that you are attempting to put together, someone might be able to help you.

I would suggest starting a new thread, as this one has pretty much played itself out and all previous replies were from others with other Projects and possibly other problems. You can link back to this thread easily, in case there is discussion that you feel applies to your Project, other than the error message.

I assure you that you will get input, but without the details, no one can possibly tell what your problem is.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2009 4:46 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I found out it was due to selecting an image file as the video layer

in a menu, causes the error everytime. I just paste the image in with

'edit in photoshop' instead now. But thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2009 3:06 PM   in reply to vobulator

Glad that you got it sorted out.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2010 1:43 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)

I was putting together a slideshow for my nephew's funeral service today.  I have been researching this on the web with no luck.  Mine has no menu and no chapter markers.  It turned out to be blank images in the slideshow.  No idea how this happened, I burned once successfully.  Tweaked  a few things and got the error.  Maybe someone else will be saved the frustration I have gone through with this.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2011 6:57 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)

Hi All,

It really dont seem to me the point of applying an end marker at the end of the clip.     

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to vobulator

I found this answer (below) in another thread.  What does it mean exactly?

The only images (photos) I have is in a slideshow.  My menu item is linked to SlideShow:Photo1.jpg

I do have cross fades. I CAN preview the entire DVD including the slideshow but burn to DVD or burn to image causes the error.

<<<I found out it was due to selecting an image file as the video layer

in a menu, causes the error everytime. I just paste the image in with

'edit in photoshop' instead now. But thanks.>>>

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:35 PM   in reply to Steve221

I don't know what it means either.

My assumption is that "video layer" means a motion background, but the menu (the PSD seen in photoshop) has a regular background layer which is replaced in Encore with the video layer.

Or they are referring to a poster thumbnail; again replaced in Encore.

You might start a new thread so we can look at your situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

A common issue I noticed in many other threads relating to BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217 is the use of a slide show.  I started experimenting with mine.  The first thing I tried worked (maybe a coincidence).  "Fit SlideShow to audio duration" was originally checked and default transition was "Cross Dissolve".  I unchecked it, and changed to 'None'.  No more error.  I since rechecked Fit to Audio and still OK (still no transition).  I was always able to preview but couldn't burn to disc or create image until now.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to (Dwi777)

I also got the  "Internal Software Error...Vobulator...Line 17" error in Encore CS6.  One of my timelines had diagonal gray bars for the last 50 or so seconds and the culprit was the chapter marker I had placed within that (apparently) forbidden zone. Once I removed the errant marker (who needed that one anyway?) the error messgage disappeared.

For the record, I had eliminated everything in the but the First Play video (in other words the Main Menu, two timelines and a playlist did not appear in the Flow Chart) and I still got the error message. I tried renaming the timelines, using underscores instead of spaces, etc.

I also tried running Encore as an Administrator - didn't work.

Removing the chapter marker in the greyed out area at the end of a video clip was the only solution that worked.

Now if I could only figure out why the end of that clip - and only that one clip - was grayed out...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 5:26 PM   in reply to Guy S.

Now if I could only figure out why the end of that clip - and only that one clip - was grayed out...

The original clip that was used to create the timeline was shortened/replaced with a shorter clip. The timeline should have been shortened.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

<The original clip that was used to create the timeline was shortened/replaced with a shorter clip.>

Thanks for the quick reply! 

In this case the clip was not shortened or replaced. I created a new timeline based on the clip and that was it,; the gray lines have always been there. 

When I used the Check Project utility no issues were found, but when I built the project this particular video froze (video only, audio kept playing) near the end - at the exact spot where the diagonal lines appear. On the Encore timeline the audio and video both play fine right up to the end.

Perhaps there is an error in the file itself? I guess I'll have to re-render the video to find out.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to Guy S.

Dynamic link or file exported from PR?

I'd look back to PR to see what was happening at that point in the PR timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I appreciate your suggestion, thank you. The video was exported from Vegas Pro so I'll re-render it. I rendered this particular movie as an .mpg as opposed to .m2t for the other movie used in the project.

I do find it curious that the video plays just fine from the Encore timeline and when previewing the project but not in the final DVD build.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)