Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem With Recording & Playing

Mar 6, 2008 3:09 PM

I've been using Soundbooth with Windows XP, and it's been working fine until recently.

Now, whenever I try to record something and play it back... It's a bit strange, to say the least. I've posted up a video -- please take your time to watch it. It's not very long -- around 20 seconds. In the video, I have recorded myself saying "This is a test. I'm going to say the alphabet. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z".

http://tinyurl.com/2v3elg

I guess, if you don't want to watch it, I'll attempt to describe it. The sound is choppy, and it echoes. When I say "D", "C" resounds in the background.

I know it's not a microphone problem, because I've tried recording with Audacity, and it worked fine. It's just Soundbooth. I'm not sure if I adjusted the settings or anything. I don't know what happened.

Please try and help me. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks, Christi.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2008 4:36 PM   in reply to (Christina_Wu)
    In the record dialog, do you have "Monitor input during recording" checked?

What is your audio hardware setup in Sb?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2008 7:43 PM   in reply to (Christina_Wu)
    I don't have a definite answer for you. If I were troubleshooting my own system, I would start by changing the Sync Reference and Card Options settings to see if any combination of those made any difference.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2008 2:19 AM   in reply to (Christina_Wu)
    Christina, did you find a cure ? I have exactly the same problem, although if I use 44100 then the problem is cured, but the file is bigger than I want (for web use).

Regards Vincent

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)