• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Word 2003 vs. 2007

Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,
I'm using RH7 (and TCS) and have both Word 2003 and 2007 installed. When generating a Word doc, Word 2007 opens by default. Does anyone know if I can configure RoboHelp to use Word 2003 instead?

Thanks,
Diana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009
Thanks Rick for the offline prompt. The above only applies to RH for Word.

In RH HTML, it will normally run whichever version of Word was used last. Best to open the version of Word you want to use and close it, then run RH. Also see Snippet 82 on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Options > General Tab

There's a field there to select the version you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Options > General Tab

There's a field there to select the version you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for the offline prompt. The above only applies to RH for Word.

In RH HTML, it will normally run whichever version of Word was used last. Best to open the version of Word you want to use and close it, then run RH. Also see Snippet 82 on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Can you please jot down the link to your site so I can read Snippet 82? I'm having trouble with RH7 recognizing MS Word 2003. I only have the one version of Word, but when I attempt to generate a Printed Document, I receive an odd error message that RoboHelp cannot find MS Word.

Thanks!!

Tabby W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the good suggestions, Peter. I kept Word 2003 open during the RoboHelp doc generation process and it proceeded successfully. (And yes I'm aware of the Word 2003-2007 Windows Installer behavior.)

Now, if only RoboHelp would operate a little faster. RH 7 seems to hang for about 5 minutes before completing the printed doc. I'm also getting a lot of crashes in various areas of the product, but that's probably a different discussion.

Thanks again,
Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp