Skip navigation

Photoshop CS4, do you talk to any actual photographers?

Apr 2, 2009 1:42 AM

Latest reply: Ramón G Castañeda, Apr 9, 2009 1:56 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Ramón G Castañeda
    11,247 posts
    Jul 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2009 3:47 AM   in reply to imajez

imajez wrote:

… I visit here on occasions to do research and cannot help but notice Ramon's omnipresence, which wouldn't be an issue but for the bizzarre outbursts of vitriol and very nasty abuse…

imajez,

I have no clue as to who you are (your first name wouldn't happen to be Martin, would it?), but I'd put money on your not being able to find a single instance of my resorting to obloquy when the target of any indignant remarks of mine did not attack me first, as another anonymous coward did in post #2 of this very thread.

Do not for a second presume that I feel the need to justify myself.  I do not.

At the time of the aborted changeover a couple of years ago, the web forums credited me with just under 25,000 posts or something like that.  There were hundreds if not thousands of posts thanking me for assistance provided, and, as my contact information was visible in my profile in the form I typed it above (ramon [at] surewest [dot] net), I routinely received dozens of private emails thanking me too.

My style is straightforward, to the point and frank.  I do not engage in English hedging ("I'm afraid this…" or "I'm afraid that…").  Because of these linguistic qualities—which I am not about to change at this very late period of my life—some people may find my posts abrasive sometimes, but I don't switch to confrontational mode unless attacked and injured by an interlocutor or even an idle, unproductive bystander first.  Some people have an irrepressible urge to lecture others without being involved in the discussions, as you have just done.  I was not addressing you, yet you chose to intervene, much like a street mob suddenly finds strength in numbers and goes after someone.

Yes, I do not suffer fools gladly, nor lazy individuals who do not have the elemental decency to check the FAQs and existing threads before posting questions they feel others have the obligation to answer.  Yet, I do not go on the attack unless I'm injured first.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2009 4:11 AM   in reply to Ramón G Castañeda

Is this what Cindy calls the "Mac community"?  

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 7:26 AM   in reply to Ramón G Castañeda

Ramon, your post is a little too long to read in its entirety,   but your saying you only attack in defence is simply not true from my observations.

As I said above I do not come here often, but your name was instantly recognizable, as your outbursts of invective are simply a bit crazy at times and you are very memorable as a result and the fact you are so astonishingly prolific.

Why not simply be polite, there's no need to shout or be so agggresive?

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:.

Do not for a second presume that I feel the need to justify myself.  I do not.

Ironically and amusingly, you just did so at great length

Interesting that you claimed near 30,000 posts in another thread on here, do you just make the no.s up at random?

And these forums are open, discusions here are for anyone to join in and your trying to police the forums as if you had some higher moral authority is why you were called out in this thread in the first place.

BTW my name tells you my name!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 8:08 AM   in reply to Ramón G Castañeda

There are plenty of things I would like to respond to, but I think your own words (and your composite image) best prove my point.  Here's one thing, though, that I'll refute:

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

...but I'd put money on your not being able to find a single instance of my resorting to obloquy when the target of any indignant remarks of mine did not attack me first...

Please take a look at post #17.  Prior to that, the OP made absolutely no attack or mention of you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 9:27 AM   in reply to Vee S

v6 - unless you happen to be a puppet, you're fighting a losing battle. And I'll certainly take another post by you in this thread to mean you think Chris Boyce is not a moron. Ouch.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 1:35 PM   in reply to Ramón G Castañeda

This is just not true, Ramon. Most of your attacks are first blood as well as unnecessary. This specific board is a minefield with your self-appointed dictatorship and policing. Even with the astute help that you selectively give to some, it puzzles me why Adobe allows the Ramon show to continue.

I get it, you obviously don't have a life (30,000 posts, are you kidding me) and spend a majority of your day seemingly and breathlessly waiting for an opportunity to pounce. It is sad. It is also sad for the rest of your fellow Photoshop users.

Feedback is a gift Ramon. No one is above it. My and a few other folks hope is that you can tone it down, and employ the golden rule more often.

Sincerely,

Bruce

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 2:29 PM   in reply to Gyno-jiz

J Maloney wrote

v6 - unless you happen to be a puppet, you're fighting a losing battle. And I'll certainly take another post by you in this thread to mean you think Chris Boyce is not a moron. Ouch.

J, I feel the OP was wrong to use such an absurd title for his subject (I believe very much that Adobe draws heavily from their core user base in their product design), but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was posting out of frustration rather than because he was exhibiting a pattern of abusive behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 2:39 PM   in reply to Vee S

The title was only the beginning, v6. Re-read the thread. My favorite is where CC very nicely points out Boyce is being a moron, but Boyce seems to miss it. Classic.

I'm just glad I'm on my way to being a big pro with no time for the concerns of real world workers the world over.

Beathe in. My new status is like a fine cigarette.

|
    Mark as:
  • Ramón G Castañeda
    11,247 posts
    Jul 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2009 1:56 PM   in reply to adobechr

adobechr wrote:

…you obviously don't have a life …

[ moderator edit: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764 ]

|
    Mark as: