Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sony HVR-MRC1K

Apr 13, 2009 4:01 AM

Is anyone using the Sony HVR-MRC1K CF recording decive?

Here is my question.  When recording DV or HDV with this device you get either a .AVI or .M2T file along with an .IDX file which I assume has all the data from teh shot on it.  My question is how do I get Premiere to read that Data?  For instance, the timecode starts from 00.00.00 on each clip and I would like for Premiere to show the timecode that the device recorded from the camera.

Thanks

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2009 4:29 AM   in reply to pebalsamo

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2009 6:45 AM   in reply to pebalsamo

Did you look at page 2 and use the Sony utility?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2009 5:53 PM   in reply to pebalsamo

I'm having the same timecode issue, as I noted in another thread.

The Sony document is typically Sony:  "After the transfer, simply import the transferred files to your NLE project and start editing."

Thanks, Sony!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2009 4:45 PM   in reply to acgold777

The tape capture, which I did from within Premiere, is fine.  It's the direct transfer from the MRC1k that's missing the header.  I used the Sony Utility to stitch the files together, then imported into the project, just as recommended by both Sony and Adobe.

I got a completely useless response from Adobe Tech Support directing me to the page that tells you how to add timecode manually.  But it takes longer and is more complicated to do that than it is to synch the clips using audio waveforms, the way I used to do it, and which I was hoping to avoid by using cams that could be synched together and use the MRC1k.  Oh, well.

Has anyone done this successfully in either CS3 or CS4?  Maybe it's not an issue with CS4?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 1:55 PM   in reply to adam gold

Issue is now resolved in CS5 v 5.0.2.

Thanks, Wil and the Adobe team!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2010 1:58 PM   in reply to adam gold

Adam,

Good to know and thanks for reporting,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2010 8:44 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

For others coming to this thread, here's a link to the

Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

My Premiere Pro CS 5.5 (Mac OS X Lion) doesn't recognize the Sony HVR-MRC1K recorder at all.

I have to drag the M2T files off the CF card manually to import them and then they're stuck with the FAT 32 segmenting.

To overcome that, I have to import them into Final Cut Pro (using the Sony FCP utility) as .mov files and then import those into Premiere. HOWEVER that presents another problem, because HDV .mov files captured in FCP then imported to PrPro have a darker gamma than M2T files in PrPro (or those same files, as .mov, in FCP).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 5:22 PM   in reply to Eyemo

I have the HVR-MRC1 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS6, and now CC.  In each instance all I had to do was import using the sony utility.  This seamed the broken clips back into one.  I have had no issues.  It works very well with Prelude, as well.  You should never copy the clips directly from the card into Premiere.  This is why Sony has the utility.  The only other way I have had it work is by having Prelude read directly from the card.  It does the same thing, but it's always best to use the utility because it's much better to have a copy in a media folder, or something, on your hard drive.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)