Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Image buttons will not submit forms on ADDT insert/update

Apr 20, 2009 7:40 AM

WORKS:

<tr class="KT_buttons">
      <td > <input type="submit"  name="KT_Update1" id="KT_Update1" value="Update record" />
      </td>

DOES NOT WORK:

<tr class="KT_buttons">
      <td > <input type="image" src="images/submit3.jpg" name="KT_Update1" id="KT_Update1" value="Update record" />
      </td>

Any ideas please??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 20, 2009 12:58 PM   in reply to zzipper7

Hi Zipper,

What kind of error are you getting. It works fine in firefox. I am assuming your talking about IE.

Try this:

<tr class="KT_buttons">
          <td > <input type="image" src="images/submit3.jpg" onclick="return onSubmit(this)" name="KT_Update1" id="KT_Update1" value="Update record" />
          </td>

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2009 1:28 PM   in reply to zzipper7

That is strange because I tested the code I posted in IE8 before I posted it and it worked fine. Were as the prior to the code change you are correct it did not work. Basically I think it boils down to an IE7 problem. Not that something is wrong with ADDT. You might want to research IE7 image submit button problems. When I get a chance I will run a test on IE7 and let you know my findings.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2009 2:17 PM   in reply to zzipper7

Use a conditional region if IE7 CSS solution else other browsers image button.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2009 8:43 PM   in reply to zzipper7

zzipper7 wrote:

Thanks for looking into that. I need a solution that work for most browsers. I have a CSS solution for the submit button but my boss prefers custom images.

Let me know what you find.

I did a little testing and got it working without javascript. Not sure if you found a solution yet but here is one that worked for me on a simple form.

Just add this really complex code to the form.

<input type="hidden" name="KT_Update1" id="KT_Update1" value="Update record" />

and the image input looked like this:

<input type="image" src="image.jpg" />

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points