Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I Restore Soundbooth Effect Rack Presets?

Apr 22, 2009 1:27 PM

I inadvertently delted to Soundbooth Effect Rack Presets (remove hiss and de-esser). Can someone please provide instruction to restore these?

Thanking the community in advance,

Sara

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2009 11:04 PM   in reply to Qurve Learning, LLC

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2009 6:01 PM   in reply to Qurve Learning, LLC

Great tip, Sara, but for the life of me I can't find the Effect Preset file/folder on either my XP or Vista machines. By chance, is your hint for pre-CS4 Soundbooth (since I have CS4)?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2009 10:31 PM   in reply to Qurve Learning, LLC

Wow, thanks for the fast response, Sara--I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, as you can see in the attachment, the filepath leads me to an empty folder even with "show hidden files" turned on, so I'm wondering if you have Effect Presets available to you because you have the E-learning suite? I performed a full system search and couldn't find a folder/file with either Effect or Presets (that had to do with Soundbooth, anyway) so I just may go ahead an reinstall the software since it'd be faster to do that than to keep troubleshooting the problem. :S

Thanks again, and take care!

Rich

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2010 2:04 PM   in reply to Qurve Learning, LLC

I had the same problem as R Stuart, and I went looking through my hard drive and found out that, at least with Vista, that is not the file path used. It doesn't even exist. But some of the same folder names are used. This is where to look if you have Vista (and I have CS3 so it might be slightly different):

C (disk)

Users

User

AppData (hidden folder, not called Application Data in Vista)

Roaming

Adobe

Soundbooth

And there will be the EffectsPreset folder. I did this and and restarted Soundbooth, and it did recreate the folder as Sara said, and the accidentally deleted preset reappeared. Hope that clears things up.

But thanks bunches, Sara, I wouldn't have even figured out to do that if it wasn't for your suggestion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to lizzieartist

Hey, Thanks Sara and Izzieartist....Vista, and worked for me!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2014 1:49 PM   in reply to lizzieartist

I did the same type thing with CS5 Soundbooth under Windows 7/ 64 bit.  You Have to "show hidden folders" first to get Users/ Your Name to show up......then unless you click on the "Your Name" under users the "AppData" folder didn't show up for me.  Then if finally showed up on right side of win explorer.  Then Roaming/Adobe/Soundbooth/3.0/EffectPresets.     (note, doing a file search for some reason didn't show this path.....perhaps I hadn't "unhidden folders" at that time).

Note.......I dragged the EffectPresets folder to the desktop and am glad I did.    When I restarted Soundbooth and opened a file in it.......the only effects listed now were mono and stero "rack presets" (which I had corrupted) whereas the old folder had bunch.  So I copied the other files from desktop folder back to folder and Wowie Kazowie.......they are all there including the one I lost out of the StereoRackPresets!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points