Okay, I haven't used PVII's lightbox extension since that first week we bought it...
Thumbnails are forced into that uniform square (squished), and there's no way to copy/paste images from the gallery into other parts of the same page without breaking the code, styles and functionality.
Sadly, I've got straight to manual (rel="lightbox[group]") input.
Basically, I don't need all the complication of a photo gallery...
All I need is essential control and a fast interface for adding individual images using lightbox.
I'm looking for a simple GUI function to run through this cycle of actions:
1. Click to place cursor, then click the extension (or whatever) button
2. Prompt user to browse for thumbnail image and select
3. Prompt user to browse for full size image and select
4. Add rel="lightbox" into HREF tag
5. Prompt for TITLE tag content, copy same to ALT tag, default to nothing if no content is entered
6. Field for optional [group] insert ( rel="lightbox[userdefined]" or rel="lightbox" if nothing is entered)
Final product should look like this, with all info and options added initially through that ...
<a href="images/image_th.gif" rel="lightbox" title="userdefined">
<img src="images/image.gif" alt="userdefined">
Perhaps there is some way to create a macro with prompts (for title tag content, etc)?
Or, a Dreamweaver extension that could be made to do the same thing?
Also, I have the lightbox REL built into the head of my templates, so we don't need the extension/macro/etc to do that part... We'd like it to simply assume that the call for lightbox is already built into the HEAD tags.
Willing to pay for a module like I've described, as long as the pricing isn't ridiculous.
Sorry if any of my lingo is off, I hope it's understandable enough.
Would be greatly appreciative of any leads.
4Level has a free lightbox extension for DW that works well for me. Note: I don't use Templates.
Alt-Web Design & Publishing
Web | Graphics | Print | Media Specialists
HTML Validator - http://validator.w3.org
CSS Validator - http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Tutorials - http://w3schools.com/