Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hebrew Vowels with Embedded CFF

Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to display Hebrew with vowels, it fails under Embedded CFF... the vowels appear off to the side of the letters (as though they are a separate character) when it should appear under. Following is a code sample, showing the device font and then below it with the embedded font... I'm hoping that I just misunderstood how to use the framework. Note that in this example I did embed the font using the Text Layout panel, and I've tried with the component as well as several different approaches, and have not been able to show Hebrew vowels through the Embedded route (but device font works):

TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what tools you used for embedding the fonts (Flash CS or Flex?) and how you set up the embedding?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash CS4 - "I did embed the font using the Text Layout panel..."

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this post: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=669&threadid=1409757&forumid=72

I'm not sure if it's related to this problem, but hopefully it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, but it does not help. Using Adobe Hebrew font, the problem continues to exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it will only work if the font has the nikud correctly programmed into the file using OpenType and the software supports that opentype feature. Therefore, I’m afraid it isn’t going to work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines