Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AE Take Aduio Out When Exporting

Apr 29, 2009 3:33 PM

Apprently Afte reffects takes my aduio out  when i export it in a AVI. All I did was green screen background and export it and even if i dont green screen it still does it! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2009 4:12 PM   in reply to Avastjonny

I don't understand your problem. Could you explain it a bit clearer please ?

And tell us which version you are using, mac or pc, what audio hardware / video hardware, so we can try to help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2009 4:19 PM   in reply to Avastjonny

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2009 6:48 PM   in reply to Avastjonny

We need more info....

Are you creating a file and sending to the render queue?

if so, what are your settings when you put it in the render queue?

have you set the audio settings in the render queue

can you do an audio preview on the file in After Effect? (press the "." key)

elaine

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2009 12:51 AM   in reply to Avastjonny

What is the source format of the stuff? Also, when you say you can hear the audio, is it clear or are there any disturbances? To what specific CoDec do you render? If you render uncompressed, it's well possible that the data rates are simply too high and the system can't keep up. It also is important, where you play the file. Have you tried alternate player software like WinAmp, VLC or VirtualDub even?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2009 2:13 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Is your audio file an mp3 ? If yes, could you try to convert it to wav or aiff ?

What if you try to render the audio only of your project. Does it work ?

And most important of all, what format is your audio ? Is it audio from a separate file or embedded in your movie clip ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2009 9:46 AM   in reply to Avastjonny

Avastjonny: It's very important that you provide more information, as the other forum members are requesting in order to help.

What AE version are you using? What format is your audio? Is it a separate audio file or is it embeded in a video file?

FWIW, in After Effects CS3 and later, MP3 audio is supported (it's actually converted to PCM, ie WAV/AIFF in import). In previous versions, yes, converting to AIFF/WAV would be a good idea? Other compressed formats, like AAC, could be a problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2009 2:59 AM   in reply to Avastjonny

Quick Question:

if you import your exported AVI inside After Effects, if you expand the audio to show the waveform, is the waveform going through your whole file or does it stop after 3 seconds.

And what codec are you using when you export to avi ? DV, indeo, divx ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2009 2:53 AM   in reply to Avastjonny

AVI is not a codec actually, it's a file type. AVI files can have a numerous different codecs. So when you render, in the output module, when you clic on format option, what is the codec used ?

My guess is you are exporting to uncompressed avi file, which are enormous and thus can barely be played in realtime on a non raid hdd.

Because, if your exported avi, once reimported into AE have the whole waveform and you can preview it al along with sound, then it doesn't come from AE, but from your Media player.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2009 1:44 AM   in reply to Avastjonny

what if you export your audio alone in wav or aiff, and then reimport it into after effect, add it to your time line, disable the audio from your video file and export. DO you still have your audio cut out ?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points