• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL - ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a person who works for Adobe answering questions in THEIR own forum about THEIR own software? If so, why hasn't an employee of Adobe answered this question about the core dll not loading? It certainly appears there are a lot of Adobe CUSTOMERS who are experiencing this issue and is worthy of some time from an Adobe employee to get it resolved!

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

I wonder where you found Adobe Reader 9.3...?  (Not seriously; just "trolling".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P A R L A T E I T A L I ANO NON CAPISCO N U L L A

DEVO ISTALLARE ADOBE RADAR E ANCHE FLASH PLAYER GIA SCARICATI

EFFETTUATI DEVO SOLO APRIRE TUTTE LE PORTE PER I COLLEGAMENTI

E NON CAPISCO COME FARE,

PURTROPPO HO SCRICATO IN INGLESE E NON ITALIANO.

AIUTO AIUTO AIUTO

SALUTI ANNA BURGARELLA

2009/5/1, UMC-IT <forums@adobe.com>:

>

Is there a person who works for Adobe answering questions in THEIR own forum

about THEIR own software? If so, why hasn't an employee of Adobe answered

this question about the core dll not loading? It certainly appears there are

a lot of Adobe CUSTOMERS who are experiencing this issue and is worthy of

some time from an Adobe employee to get it resolved!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could be a little bit more specific about your error and environment, maybe somebody could help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more specific huh, okay, I double click Acrobat and receive a message ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL - not reader Acrobat as in CS3. (Don't give me the garbage answer that I'll need to go to a CS3 forum either)

Uninstalled/reinstalled the entire unstable suite but to no avail!

Windows XP all patched up too!

btw, I've posted this qustion on several occasions over the last 6 months and NOBODY has replied as well, there are a ton of others experiencing the same issue and NOBODY from Adobe has addressed the issue!

Have I supplied any specific information that gives anybody assistance in resolving this issue? I didn't think so! Personally, I don't think Adobe knows what the heck is going on with their own software, thus the lack of response in their own forum on this topic!

FIX YOUR SOFTWARE ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific? - Windows XP Professional SP3 all patched up, Acrobat from CS3 and READER 9.3. The specific error is: ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL which I believe I mentioned in my original post!  Doubtful any other specifics are relevant; not that I am optimistic this issue will ever be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder where you found Adobe Reader 9.3...?  (Not seriously; just "trolling".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to save a page on a website to a folder on my computer using Adobe Reader X. When I click in my list of printers Adobe PDF Writer and click PRINT I get the error message that the Core DLL can not be loaded or is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE NOT A VERY BRIGHT PERSON ARE YOU? OTHERWISE YOU WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. ANY HUMAN WITH AN IQ OF 100  COULD    UNDERSTOOD PERFECTLY BUT NOT THE BOTS ADOBE USES TO ANSWER LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS. THEY LIKE TO REAP THE CUSTOMERS OFF BUT PAY SOMEONE WITH EXPERTISE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm...  if 500,000 Acrobat installations were falling dead with the same issue, then it might be Adobe's problem to "fix."  Otherwise, it is yours, and the question for you becomes, "how?"

The first place that I would look is in the Event Viewer, which is one of the Administrative Tools and which might require Administrator-level access.  When a Windows call fails in some unexpected way (such as one that might cause a message as cryptic as this one), Windows probably makes an entry in the error-log.

It would also be useful to know if any other applications have become similarly unstable at about the same time.

I do not generally find it useful to blame such things on the usual knee-jerk assumption, "it must be a virus."  Taking for granted that of course you are not running your Windows box as an Administrator ... ... that really won't be much of a likely possibility.  There is something that is causing a LoadLibrary() API call to fail, under conditions that ought never to occur.  The Event Viewer is your most likely source of useful, factual information about what might be going on in your system(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, Google "Acrobat cannot load it's core dll" and you'll see a ton of peps having this same issue. My speculation is since Adobe's support sucks so much people are looking elswhere for the answer.

Secondly, a Dr. Watson message is indeed placed in the Event Viewer:

The application, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS3\Bridge.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/06/2009 @ 13:21:41.527 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 01039EC2 (LIBMYSQLD!mysql_debug)

And as you can see by the Event Viewer message, not much to go on! In case you didn't know; this is where an Adobe support representative should be involved as this error message means nothing to me and remember, it is ADOBE'S software not mine, I only license it!

btw, no user has administrative access to their PC's. No other apps are unstable and CS3 was uninstalled, registry cleaned and reinstalled and it still produces the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a problem with Acrobat? Then why you post in the Adobe Reader forum?

If you'd follow the proper support channels, maybe you would get some help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're a funny guy? Search for this error on the internet and you'll see a lot of people experiencing it with Acrobat and Reader, it doesn't matter, same core dll!

If you can't answer the question, stay outta the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your install directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOU ARE A MORON CHASTISING PEOPLE FOR ASKING LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS YOU YOURSELF HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO ANSWER SO YOU RESORT TO BALMING THE PERSON WHO ASKS THE QUESTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the advice Adobe finally gave me:

Create a test PDF and attempt to reproduce the issue to verify that it

is not a file specific issue.

To create a test PDF file:

1. Open the Printers and Faxes Control Panel from the Start Menu.

2. Right-click on Adobe PDF and select Properties.

3. Select Print Test Page and save the PDF to the Desktop.

If the issue does not occur, then there is an issue with the original

file. You will either need to troubleshoot the content of the file or

try to recreate it.

If the issue persists with the test file, then it is possible that the

Acrobat preferences have become damaged. Reset the Acrobat

preferences and then attempt to reproduce the issue.

To reset the Acrobat preferences:

1. Exit all instances of Acrobat.

2. On the keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and tap the #R#

key. This will open the Run dialog box.

3. Copy the following text into the Open field and press the OK

button:

%Appdata%\Adobe

4. Rename the #Acrobat# folder to #Acrobat old#.

5. On the keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key and tap the #R#

key.

6. Copy the following text into the Open field and press the OK

button:

regedit

7. Right-click on My Computer, select Export and then save the file

as #Registry Backup# to the Desktop. This creates a backup of the

registry.

8. Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat.

9. Right-click on the 8.0 folder and select Rename.

10. Change the name from 8.0 to 8.0 old.

11. Close the Registry Editor.

12. Launch the Acrobat application and attempt to reproduce the

issue. Acrobat creates new preference directories.

I implemented their suggestions, however the registry key of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat that they gave me was incorrect as ours is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\PDFMaker\8.0

I went ahead and renamed it to 8.0.old as instructed so time will tell if the Acrobat Cannot Load It's Core Dll error message goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the reg key they have mentioned. Are you sure you dont have the key as highlighted in my attached screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem. when ever i try to open my Adobe Reader 9 it says Acrobat failed to loads its Core DLL and when ever i try to open PDF files on the internet it doesent let me. Ive tried reinstalling Adobe Reader 9 but it doesn't let me reinstall it and it says Error. So can someone please tell me what is wrong with my Adobe Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And have you tried any of the repair methods that are mentioned in the various topics that you have posted in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heck yes, I've tried everything and typically when I think I've got it corrected, the error simply resurfaces when the user is doing something else. This CS3 suite is so unstable, Adobe is constantly claiming "Clear your preferences file" sure, it allows for succcessful launching of the app; however the users aren't too happy with the fact they are continously rebuilding or importing their preferences file.

No true solution to this issue at this point and honestly I don't think Adobe knows what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I've arrived to the party a bit late. Today, I responded to an Adobe Update window to update my Adobe 8 product contained in the CS3 that I own. I should preface I've never had an issue with the CS3 products other than a simple, quickly fixed glitch in Dreamweaver. However, after this "udpate" I continue to get, not only the "Acrobat cannot load it's core dll" message, but it's followed by this dilly.

"The instruction at "0x5a9288a4" referred to memory at "0x5a9288a4". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate program.

Thinking that perhaps the update skunked something up, I got out my CS3 master disk and "repaired" the installation. That did nothing to solve the problem. Then I followed the instructions posted by UMC-1 as provided by Adobe. Still the problem persists. Given that it comes on the heels of the Adobe Update, I'm sure it is no coincidence. I use Acrobat every single day and have never had this issue.

Has anyone else had this same failure scenario immediately following the Update? And, (fingers crossed) has anyone discovered a solution to get back to happy Acrobatting?

Thanks.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is still in the wrong (Adobe Reader) forum.  I do not mind that; I merely point out that you guys had a better chance of a helpful reply if it was posted in the correct (Acrobat) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the exact same error messages using Adobe Reader 9.2.  I tried "repairing" it, uninstalling and reinstalling from Adobe website and still get same error.  It appears it's both an Adobe and Adobe Reader issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have found something here. Can you guys check if you have proper permissions over acrobat.dll file. I found that if you don't have enough permissions then this error is seen. For example say you're an standard user and access permissions are set only for 'Admin' and 'system' then this error is thrown.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, why would it work for the last 4-5 years and only now start having problems?

I'll check out it though.

I have found that Fixit does work just as well to read .pdf files and it seems faster too.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines