• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CS3. worldready and conditionaltext plugin

New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CS3. Can't open customer supplied file because I don't have worldeady.indesign. plugin and conditionaltext.idesign plugin.

Can I download these plugins?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a CS4 file... It needs to be exported as INX to be opened in CS3

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your customer is supplying you with a CS4 file. You need to upgrade to assure full compatibility.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've created an .inx-file for my costumer. I work in CS4 and he has CS3. Even though I've exported it as an .inx-file he still gets error messages saying that some plugins are missing ("worldready.indesignplugin" and "conditional text.indesignplugin"). This leaves me perplexed because I know for sure that I have exported the file to an .inx and that my costumer SHOULD be able to open it without encountering these error messages. What could have gone wrong? What can I do to help him?

Kind regards,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send him the .inx? It sounds like you are still sending .indd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm completely sure, I exported and sent him the file twice just to be certain and none worked. He still gets the same error messages. Is there any other way to export an .inx-file other than to go through Archive->Export? (I have  a swedish version of InDesign so I hope this is what the menues are called in english).

Another thing good to know (maybe) is that I work in a Mac environment and he uses a PC. But as I've understood from reading other forum posts, this should not be a problem.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards,

Kim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In English it would be File > Export... (Cmd + E) and choose Interchange Format.

Make sure you zip the file before sending, and he must be patched to 5.0.4 build 682.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million, I will be sure to check if he is patched to 5.0.4 build 682. Is this the lik to send him?

http://store1.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4030

If not, how does he update in the simplest way? Is there an "update" choise in the Help menue or anything like that?

Eternally grateful,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link should work, or the updater in the help menu.

You didn't actually use any features of the worlready composer or any conditional text, did you? I'm not sure what would happen in such a case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll send him the link and hope that does it.

I don't think I've used any fancy features, there are some text, but it's just written in ordinary text blocks and not treated in any special way.

Thanks once again,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines