Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AVCHD 720p editing presets coming soon?!

May 19, 2009 10:13 AM

Last time I checked, Premiere CS4 did not have a 720p editing preset for the AVCHD codec.  I just received a white paper from Panasonic today (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/business/provideo/whitepapers/Ed iting_Avchd_AdobeCS4.pdf) discussing the editing workflow for AVCHD video in Premiere CS4 and low and behold they have an image in the white paper of the editing preset dialogue box that shows 720p as an option!  Could this be coming with the new 4.1 update?  We will have to wait and see as it is not discussed in detail in the release notes from Adobe (http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/pdfs/premiere_pro_4_1_update.pd f).

cs4 editing presets.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2009 10:14 AM   in reply to Keith_Andrews

Remember, there is nothing stopping you from creating your own presets. After all, they're just settings that have been saved for future re-use.

Cheers
    Eddie

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2009 10:41 AM   in reply to Keith_Andrews

Ah, I see what you're saying.

It's a good guess that partners and manufacturers have access to pre-release software, so I agree that from the screenshot it is likely to be included in 4.1, but only time will tell.

Cheers
    Eddie

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2009 12:39 PM   in reply to Eddie Lotter

If I remember correctly, I did see the 720 presets for AVCHD on the version of 4.1 they were running at NAB, so unless something has changed, I would expect to see them included in the update.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)