Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player freeze in firefox

New Here ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

i'm useing Flash Player 10.0.22.87 in firefox 3.0.10.

flash player freeze when i com co a page that use flash...

what can be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues in Firefox, so any help here would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, open firefox and go to the firefox addon site. Download MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.3.3 and restart firefox. Then download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4, install, and restart firefox again. Then go to this website, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/430948, and follow my instructions on updating your FP10. Then restart your computer. You should have the updated version for both IE and Firefox, with no complications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duelly Noted,

I did as you recommended.  However, it made no changes to the two sites I was having trouble with, ESPN and IGN.  I did have one question.  I did add the MR Toolkit to my FF, but have no idea what to do with the settings to make it work right.  Any quick tips on what to do would be really appreciated.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should already be enabled, but under your extension options, click on MR Tech Toolkit, and under Misc. the option for session manager/crash recovery should be checked. Under XPI install options, make sure you have the option "allow wesites to install software" should be checked. Did you update your Windows/OS, and get IE8, and FF 3.5? If so, did you also update your Shockwave Player from Adobe to Shockwave 11? Do you have cookies enabled?

With ESPN and IGN, are there any paticular pages your trying to look at, or is it just the home pages? I need to know so I can take a look at what paticular windows/flash windows your having trouble with so that I can see what the website is using for Flash/Shockwave/Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duelly Noted,

In the Mr Toolkit, the options are set as you instructed.  I did run Windows Updater, and the OS is up to date.  I do have cookies enabled.  Shockwave player is up to date.  Internet Explorer is set to version 8.  I went to FF 3.5 but none off the add-ons I use are compatible so I went back.

On the front page of ESPN.com, there is a section to the right for headlines.  Any story with a camera icon next to the post has a video.  When I click on the story, the video shows up as a still page, with a white arrow in the middle inside a white circle.  The picture stays still, but the audio will begin to play.  If the video is a smaller one in the story, it is usually a smaller window within a story on the right side about halfway down.  On the smaller window, it stays black with no picture or sound.

On IGN.com, there is a link on the top for videos.  Once you go to the video link, there is, say, a link for Land Of the Lost Trailer.  If you click on it, it will take you to a video screen.  On that page, there will be a large black box where the video should be.  Occasionally, a video advertisement will play before the video is supposed to load, as it did, but then it goes black.

On both sites any flash content will work fine.  This problem is the same whether I use IE or FF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading and installing this: http://files.3dnews.ru/pub/soft/multimedia/codec/klcodec_480f.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duelly Noted,

I downloaded it and installed it.  Unless there is a certain way I should be configuring it, I am having the same problem on both of the sites.  Nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duelly Noted,

The codecs even asked for an update.  I did that, and through Firefox 3.0.10 and IE 8 I still can't watch video content on either site.  As I said, if there is anything I should be configuring in the codecs let me know.  BTW, thank you for your assistance on this.  I really do appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem. Which add-ons are you refering to by the way that are incompatable? You CAN update to FF 3.5 and still use those add-ons, just by disabling the compatabilty checker. Under Misc. in your MR Tech's Toolkit, and then under your XPI Install options, make sure the Enable Addons Compatibility Checking box is unchecked, and that the Disable XPI Install Time Delay box IS checked. Also if you wouldn't mind, could you list your FF addons? Some addon's can disable flash windows, or some of them. Like flashblock. Also, if you don't already have it, I recommend that you get IE Tab, and IE View extensions, for your FF. This will help, hopefully, to intergrate your IE8 and Firefox codecs and flashplayers together better, and really eliminates your need of IE8 if you so choose (Though you still need IE8 on your computer, and is almost rather impossible to uninstall IE itself off the machine entirely anyways). Those two tabs have a built in feature that allow you to view IE applications, like windowsupdate, in Firefox. If your having trouble viewing something in Firefox, you can just right click and click View in IE Tab, and your now using IE, through Firefox. IE View itself is the same thing just opens up a window instead of a tab, but I prefer to keep things simple myself, and all in one place. Uses a lot less resources that way. When did you start having trouble with viewing these two websites? After the installation of FP10? After some other installation of a program on your computer? After the Uninstallation of a program? Have or do you have a registry cleaner? I would recommend that if you don't, a great one to have (costs a couple bucks, but is good for a year, and well worth it.) is Registry Mechanic. Matter of fact, I believe that it is the number one to use in the world at the moment, and the most trusted. I would also recommend you get Spybot S&D (if you get this, let me know and I will help you set it up properly and teach you how to use it.). Spybot S&D is an anti-spyware/trojan/registry protector, and many other things. It's absolutley free, and all the years I have used it, I have NEVER gotten anything bad on my machine, and it's helped protect me from programs that try to make unwanted registry changes that might otherwise affect my computer performance, and/or from programs trying to uninstall things that I didn't want uninstalled. Once I show you how to use it, if you so choose, it actually makes using the computer almost worry free, from browsing the internet, to many other things, so that you can do what you want to, instead of having to fix problems all the time. Anyways, write me back, and let me know what you have decided, and have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here is where we are.  I downloaded FF 3.5 Beta.  I adjusted the MR Toolkit.  Here is the list of what add-ons I have and what was disabled by FF 3.5:

Copy Plain Text (disabled) Use copy text from FF into Microsoft Word

McAfee Site Advisor (fine)

Microsoft .,Net Framework Assistant (Disabled)

MR Toolkit (fine)

No Squint (disabled) Use to hold zoom settings for my resolution of 1600X900

Restore Scroll Position (disabled) to hold page space when going back and forth between pages

Sxipper (fine)

Now besides the Toolkit, I had all of these when Flash was working fine.  I did try flashblock and Adblock plus a week or so ago, but I did not like them and uninstalled them.  Besides, those wouldn't affect IE, I would think.

I added IE Tab, but could not fine IE view extensions under add-ons, neither under IE, Internet Explorer, or view extensions.

I started having trouble about a week ago, and I heard that was when Flash was updated.  No other new programs have been added besides Vista Updates.  I do not have a registry cleaner.  You said Registry Mechanic, is that the same as System Mechanic?

I will download Spybot as you suggest.

Now the BIG problem.  I uninstalled Flash as you suggested, with the browser closed.  I uninstalled the Flash for IE, again with the browsers closed.  Now, the same problem is happening on IE, but I thought FF was supposed to take care of Flash.  I have no Flash Content on FF at all, and the videos have the "get adobe flash banner on them."  I had to download Flash for FF to get any Flash content on.

That's pretty much it.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the IE tab extension is saying it is NOT compatible with FF 3.5 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy Plain Text (disabled) Use copy text from FF into Microsoft Word (Not really needed. You could just highlight with your mouse what you would like and right click then copy or Crtl+C then go to Word and under Edit then Paste or just click on the Word page and use Ctrl+V.

McAfee Site Advisor (fine)

Microsoft .,Net Framework Assistant (Disabled) You should have .Net Framework 1.0 and it still does work regaurless what it says.

MR Toolkit (fine)

No Squint (disabled) Use to hold zoom settings for my resolution of 1600X900 Not sure but there may be another addon for 3.5 for this.

Restore Scroll Position (disabled) to hold page space when going back and forth between pages. MR Tech Toolkit fixes this automatically (usually) to go back where you left off, within a 1 page cache. If you click a link, then go back, it should take you back to the link you clicked on.

Sxipper (fine)

I do not have a registry cleaner.  You said Registry Mechanic, is that the same as System Mechanic? No. System Mechanic is actually a spyware type program (spyware itself) that lets it's sponsors add things and cookies to your computer while blocking others. It's been reported as a bogus program. I looked at that myself once and did my homework, and found it to be most disturbing. Registry Mechanic is the only one I trust and is also rated the best of the best. Trial version won't clean everything if anything because it just that, a trial version. It shows you how many problems you have, but won;t fix them unless you buy it. It's worth buying.

Now the BIG problem.  I uninstalled Flash as you suggested, with the browser closed.  I uninstalled the Flash for IE, again with the browsers closed.  Now, the same problem is happening on IE, but I thought FF was supposed to take care of Flash. I was hoping that uninstall might help fix a couple registry issues, and I appologize, I forgot to tell you, that you would need a reinstall of FP10. Firefox has some code built in but still requires the base files from Adobe to be installed. Now, a new piece of information I didn't know before was that your using Vista. I did a little research and you may have to do the complete install and the fix for it I suggested (the Flash Utility) after doing this next suggestion. The problem with Vista (which is why they made Windows 7 recently to replace Vista) is admin issues for registry, programs, and pretty much everything. Below is how to get arround this:

How to make a Vista admin account work like it does in XP:

Vista With full administrative access rights (full control)…

* On Windows Vista Business, Enterprise or Ultimate:

1. Click Start, type secpol.msc in the search box, then press Enter
  2. From the list to the left, choose Local Policies, then Security Options
  3. Set Accounts: Administrator account status to Enabled
  4. Set User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account to Disabled

* On Windows Vista Home Basic or Home Premium:

1. Click Start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the program cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
  2. In the command prompt window, type net users Administrator /active:yes then press Enter, you should receive a confirmation saying; The  command completed successfully
  3. Click Start, type regedit in the search box, then press Enter
  4. Navigate to the section: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    • Double click FilterAdministratorToken and set it to 0
  5. Next, logoff and you will see a new Administrator account is available. Login to this new Administrator account

Your now logged in to Windows Vista with full administrative rights. You will not receive any security prompts like before and you should have complete administrative rights to your machine. I recommend you only use this admin account for major program installs, and changes to your machine. The reason for this is so that if you make a mistake on the user account, it can be deleted, or an attempt to repair it is possible, where as you make a mistake to the admin account, it's possible it will be unrepairable, and or if you need to access an admin account to fix the user account, you won't be able to using strictly the admin (of the OS) account.

Let's hope this works this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HALP!!!

I did this, and now the videos work!  BUT THEY WILL ONLY PLAY UNDER THE ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNT!  In my regular account they don't!! what now??? AHHHH!

As far as the add ons, if you try and copy plain text from FF into Word, it tells you that the size of the text is too large for a paste.  Copy plain text was the only way I could successfully do this.

Wait, I'm going to try something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARRHHH!  It still works only under the administrative account!

Is there a way to transfer what works into the main account I use?  All the Firefox settings I use, sxipper, bookmarks, etc. are only showing in the account that I had used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it works fine under the Admin. account.  Video loads and works fine.

In my  user account, at a video page, it briefly shows the get adobe flash player banner in the middle of the box, and then it goes to the still picture and the sound only starts.

Is there a way to sync up both accounts so that they work together?  Or, is there a way to keep my settings for FF and transfer them to the admin.  account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to tell you that McAfee is a P.O.S. I know this from experience (also used to use Norton too) but it has allowed viruses onto the computer before, that and my dad is a IT Technician of almost 40 years whom I have learned a lot. Been around computers since I was a kid myself. I also took Electronics Technician school, along with some tactical computer (WIndows systems, Servers, Unix, Linux) and networking. That thing uses so many resources it isn't funny and I don't like the real time scanner on it either. It slows you way down. I recommend AVG Free Edition, does everything McAfee does, with better efficiency, and a lot less taxing on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to create a profile in a location (folder) that is accessible from all user accounts. Like your C:\ drive. Or if you know how to get to the all users account/profile. Be sure to choose/make an empty folder.
You will have to create a new profile in all accounts and choose the same location for the default profile. Remember that only one user can access a profile at the same time.

See:
Profile_Manager (MozillaZine KB)
Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox (MozillaZine KB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've successfully made a base profile and transfered everything, copy everything from your documents, music, pictures, anything related to that profile and transfer them to the same folders for admin. Once you are sure you have transfered everything from those folders, including your desktop, then log on to your admin account and delete, the user account. You can try if you like to create another user account and see if the video's work or not, but that's up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH!! BTW, you might want this too, for Firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2848

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another tip for those of you who actually read through these forums, instead of skimming through, in one of my posts I told figureguy how to disable add-on compatibility checking. I did this because add-ons such as IE TAB DO WORK with this off. After you have also installed these add-ons, you should run the updater for your extensions. To do this, right click on the toolbar (File, Edit, View, Ect.) where it's blank and then click customize. Under this setting there is an icon (looks like a green puzzle piece), called extensions. You need to click and drag this to somewhere of your preference onto the toolbar(s), then click done. Then click the icon you just put onto the toolbar, and then click find updates. Make sure you do not click the yellow bar at the top to enable compatibility checking!!! Most if not all of your Add-ons despite the fact it says it's not compatible, still will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help on this.  Going to try it this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might try this, but how do I create another user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines