Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bandwidth Problem..

New Here ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FMShers,

I have created a video chat application using Flash Media Server, Its working well in Local, But not in FMS (If I connect with my FMS account).

But Text Chat working well, pbm in Video only...... My server is from influxis with Bandwidth 1 mbps, But My application got 13 mb totally, It is any pbm in the server,

I'm very newbie to FMS, so excuse my silliest question and explains if its.

Hope you helps me....

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Well, I would first calculate how much bandwidth each of your connections use, multiply by the number of users, and you'll then get your overall bandwidth usage. The tool will allow you to calculate roughly what each video will use in terms of bandwidth in Kilobits per second.

Say for example:

your video/voice/chat uses 500 kilobits per second -> you could have 2 simultaneous connections (1 Megabit per second = 1000 kilobits per second)

As another example, say we have a 200 Megabit per second link,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should increase your bandwidth of server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.... We have only the 1MBPS of bandwidth, If its not enough, whats the bandwidth suitable to videochat normally,

I need to explain to my client, So please refer any tutorial or article link contains the bandwidth size  for video chat,

It helps me...

Hope you helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Flash Video Bitrate Calculator,it can help you .

http://www.fmser.cn/post/20.html

hdt1977

2009-05-26

发件人: sureshdavid

发送时间: 2009-05-26 19:34:39

收件人: Firefox hdt

抄送:

主题: Bandwidth Problem..

Oh.... We have only the 1MBPS of bandwidth, If its not enough, whats the bandwidth suitable to videochat normally,

I need to explain to my client, So please refer any tutorial or article link contains the bandwidth size for video chat,

It helps me...

Hope you helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant get the meaning of the link, its in the unknwn languages, execuse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks asine,

Kindly explain How this calculator helps me.. to clear my bandwidth pbm.... I have 1 mbps bandwidth FMS, But I'm developing a video chat, I want to know this bandwidth is enough or not for my project, In the chat there are so many users can at a time... So please advise me is enough or not, if enough why I cant get the video from my server...

Hopes you near to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would first calculate how much bandwidth each of your connections use, multiply by the number of users, and you'll then get your overall bandwidth usage. The tool will allow you to calculate roughly what each video will use in terms of bandwidth in Kilobits per second.

Say for example:

your video/voice/chat uses 500 kilobits per second -> you could have 2 simultaneous connections (1 Megabit per second = 1000 kilobits per second)

As another example, say we have a 200 Megabit per second link, we would be able to provide around 400 simultaneous connections (200 Megabits per second = 200000 Kilobits per second).

Hope that gives you idea.

Cheers,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 Mbps bandwidth is not enough for your project.

1 user will cost about 300Kbps bandwidth when he publish or play a stream from FMS,both publish and play will cost 300Kbps*2=600Kbps,etc.

FMSer.CN

2009-05-27

Kindly explain How this calculator helps me.. to clear my bandwidth pbm.... I have 1 mbps bandwidth FMS, But I'm developing a video chat, I want to know this bandwidth is enough or not for my project, In the chat there are so many users can at a time... So please advise me is enough or not, if enough why I cant get the video from my server...

?

Hopes you near to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much Asine & Fmser, You are rocking.........................................

Thanks for the information sharing............... So finally I would finish my project within 300kbps for a single user, it helps to get live chat at FMS(1mbps). and 1 mbps is not enough for the normal video chat,

I can understood what you told exactly, which what i want exactly men...

Thanks a lot.

Ya I got a correct candle for my dark route, Hope you helps me till the project end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines