Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to delete user in Livecycle Admin Gui

Level 2

I have a user that shows up twice in the livecycle admin user management console.  One entry is pulled from our ldap and has all the correct info associated with it.  The other has all fields greyed out (they are blank anyway except for name and ID) and has an incorrect internal ID associated with the name.  This duplicate entry is causing a problem and when I try to remove it, I get this error:  Status: The following principals could not be deleted.

The error log shows this error:

ExceptionUtil E   CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unex
pected (non-declared) exception during invocation of method "deleteLocalUser" on
bean "BeanId(servername-LiveCycle8#um.jar#DirectoryServicesManagerBean, null)". Ex
ception data: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemExceptionorigin: |
[com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean]
errorCode:8194 errorCodeHEX:0x2002 message:Cannot delete directory USER

00000069 IDPUtil       W com.adobe.idp.common.errors.Lo
gger$LogConsumer run UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 973748746] Failure
cause: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemExceptionorigin: | [com.a
dobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorC
ode:8194 errorCodeHEX:0x2002 message:Cannot delete directory USERtraced:

This is causing problems.  How can I delete or remove the offending user id so the correct one will work properly?  We are set up to use LDAP and the user only has one entry in our internal ldap server with the correct info.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Joe,

First of all is it that all your users concerned are the ones synched through an LDAP?

If yes how can they both have the same userID.

Or is it that you have a replica of he Enterprise user created in your local domain.

If you can elaborate on how you met this issue, it will help me to reproduce it.

Level 2

yes.  All users are synched through LDAP.  Thats my question, how can there be two people with the same name.  For example, it looks like this:

Harry Fitzgerald

Harry Fitzgerald (2)

The name is unique enough that there is only one Harry Fitzgerald set up in LDAP, but there shows 2 of them in Adobe.  I have no local domain set up.  I have our Enterprise domain which is synch'd with our LDAP server, and then the Default Domain which I cannot remove.

I've tried bouncing the app and it still comes up with these values.

Former Community Member

Hi,

I see no reason how this scenario can be produced.

Following are the weird ways which I beleive can cause that:

You may have set two Directory providers with exactly same details in the same domain.

You may have set the same filter for both the user and group in a domain.

It would be good if you can share your config.xml which is sort of a blueprint to the domain configuration that you've made.