• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Error: Failed to install go to adobe...tn_19166 No help at all

New Here ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read several of the posts and tried some of the fixes, but can't seem to install flash on my pc.  I have downloaded uninstall and install flash from Pat on here, but when I go to reinstall, I get the error message listed in the title.  When I go to the tech note, it is like a maze written in a different language.  I have tried some of the fixes, download SubInACL, changed my internet settings, everything I could think of.  I am sure that I am missing just one setting or something crazy.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss96gt, I don't have an answer for you and I am reposting my text as to the trouble I have had installing Flash, in the hopes someone can answer your question and mine.

Hello good friends in the Forum.  I cannot install Adobe Flash on 2 business pc's.  I get the reference to the TN_19166. The install cannot register the flash10b.ocx file.

I have tried all of the solutions on the TN_19166 page.

I have done the reset_min and reset_fp10 ensuring that the subinacl file is in the same directory.

I have downloaded the official uninstall file from Adobe.

I have downloaded the official install file from Adobe.

I have run both files using Run As and logging in as the Administrator.

I have run both files with IE open and IE closed.

I have run uninstall, shut down, turned on the computer, not launched IE and tried the install program.

I have gone into Internet Tools and set Security to Default level and then gone to the Plug-ins location and set the radio buttons Automatic Prompting to enable and Download signed ActiveX to prompt

I have turned off my Symantec Virus program.

I have downloaded a Flash Stand Alone Installer for Internet Explorer linked to me on a different site.

I have downloaded prior versions of flash and they fail upon the flash#a.ocx registration.

I cannot install the program in Safe Mode.

I have looked at this thread, but it gives me no relief

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/430948

I have run secedit!/configure!/cfg!%windir%\repair\secsetup.inf!/db!secsetup.sdb!/verbose - the ! representing spaces

I wanted to try this solution, but the files are not in the macromed file

Navigate to this folder:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\

Copy these files to the IE plugins folder:
    * FlashPlayerTrust (entire folder)
    * NPSWF32.dll
    * flashplayer.xpt

The IE plugins folder for me is:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\

I tried to delete the Shockwave Flash Object that is in Windows Add-ons and indicates it is enabled, but the Delete button is greyed out and won't allow me.  I was then instructed to go Downloaded Program Files and delete the Add-on there. I right-clicked on the only file in that directory and it indicated it was a Macromedia file, I deleted it, but Shockwave Flash stills appears as an Enabled Add-on.

I found this post on a site, but never found the solution posted.

I’ve only had this same problem since returning from out of town. I left on December 13th and had been having no problem with IE7 and FP. Upon returning on Ja. 30th, there was a month and a half of updates and patches waiting for me and it was after installing them that the problem started. I ran System Restore back to Dec. 13 and FlashPlayer again works. Now the question remains: Which update has caused the problem? I am curious. I’ll save this column and the two links to fixes when it happens again.

I am hoping that someone can step me through a solution that will solve this problem on these two computers, because this is beyond frustrating at this point.  Oh, I have done all this testing on one computer only.  On the other computer I tried only a couple of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. The Flash Player will not install and I am sent off to read the technote, which has not helped. I have tried the various fixes but still no joy for me. My problems began after an upgrade from Adobe CS2 to Adobe CS4 Web Premium. I am able to install the flash plugin in Firefox but not IE.

Windows Vista (32 bit) SP1

IE7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, only that i get the error in some nordic language. i work with  winXP spanish and IE7 and always get the same error "blev ikke installeret. du kan finde tip til fejfinding pa http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166". I already tried so many things from other posts: download and run the uninstaller, download the file and run it localy, run IE in safe mode (didn't work for me as this didn't pop the bar to run the activex), even tried installing flash 9 again but got again the same message, this time in spanish, and i do have admin rights on my pc.

what i've noticed is that it always hangs when registering c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash10b.ocx, i can see that the folder flash has been created with a log file. if this is of any help i'm pasting the last part of it:

End Call Uninstallers
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="Flash10b.ocx"
File: wrote 3866528 to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx"
IfFileExists: file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx" exists, jumping 352
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="FlashUtil10b.exe"
File: wrote 240544 to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe"
End Main Section
Section: ""
Start Post Section
Register Player
Call: 997
CallFixDACLs
CreateDirectory: "C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp" (1)
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="FlashUtil10b.exe"
File: wrote 240544 to "C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp\FlashUtil10b.exe"
Call: 1227
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=0, name="C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp\nsg67.tmp\nsExec.dll"
File: wrote 6144 to "C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp\nsg67.tmp\nsExec.dll"
Delete: "C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp\FlashUtil10b.exe"
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\DOCUME~1\luis\CONFIG~1\Temp\FlashUtil10b.exe")
CreateDirectory: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
End CallFixDACLs
Jump: 356
Register Player
MessageBox: 12582960,"Blev ikke installeret.
Du kan finde tip til fejlfinding på http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8

Windows Vista

I have also tried all of the fixes listed in numerous forums.  My problems began when I installed the IE8.  I went to youtube and found that the videos will not play.  It said I either have JavaScript disabled or dont have the latest version of Flash Player.  I can no longer upload pictures to facebook either...   I have tried many many times over the last few days to install and uninstall and reinstall flash player 10.  It still won't work.  I haven't been able to find where to see whether or not I have JavaScript enabled or disabled either.

When uninstalling the flash player I did use the official the uninstall program from Adobe (restarting computer before and after)  When I look in Computer/C:/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash    FlashUtil9f still appears even after a reboot.  Is there another way to uninstall this version of flash??  Is this what is causing my problems??? I try to right-click delete it but it tells me I need permission to do so.

I am so very frustrated.  Can anyone help me?  From the number of complaints I can't be the only person out there unable to figure this out!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly we have been struggling with this for a long time. Each release engineering includes more installation code that we think resolves this, but it keeps popping up.  That said, considering that there are between 7 and 13 MILLION downloads of Flash Player a day, permission issues are bound to happen.

I don't think we've ever had a single case in which (assuming an agent guides you through it) the running of the SubInACL reset hasn't worked.

Here's what I would try one more time if I had your machine.

1. Run the CLEAN uninstall from the command line, described here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402435.html

2. Reboot

3. Close EVERYTHING else running

4. Run subInACL and reset.zip described here

"Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the Flash Player installation"

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

If those fail please open a web support case via http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer.   Do not let the agent close the case until you're satisfied that you have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but i finally managed to install flash player, I guess it must have been some problem with IE. As I read in some FAQ, IE installs a version of flash player, so I tried to reinstall IE on my pc and, to my surprise, I got errors; and only managed to reinstall it after disabling mcafee and windows firewall. After that could install flash 10 (keeping mcafee off, just in case). Hope this is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to run the clean uninstall but it didn't seem to work.  I downloaded it to my docs in the c drive, and then ran the command prompt only to get the message that uninstall_flash_player.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.  Then it goes back to C:\Documents and Settings.

I have also disabled the firewall on McAfee and microsoft like one of the other posts suggested, but didn't work.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I just wasted more time. I went to getr SubinACL as you suggested and found out it doesn';t support my OS (Vista), so I'm back at gorund zero AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this solves your problem as I do not get the error message but it maybe part of the same problem I had tried on countless occasions to get the flash player 10 to install.  I could never get the video and text window to say successful install, and I kept getting   not detected or installed.  However if you got to tools on Internet explorer and click manage add ons, then rightclick on adobe shockwave for flash disabled.  You should click the enable option, and the installation video should work on reinstalling from adobe.  Obviously this not particularly intuitive, and it took me weeks to work out, maybe it is just me.  My operating system is vista, but  after searching and finding  eventually useful help files,  I found the above solution for xp but it works for vista as well.  The above may be nothing to do with your problem, but it could be a windows settings of a similar type causing you problems. Maybe the above solution is already in the help files for vista, but it isn't easy to find if it is.  Having a help file about what to do if the completion video doesn't work as a link directly on the video player area would narrow the help search considerably.

Good luck with solving your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XP using IE8. I have 2 user accounts, John and Jane, both with admin. rights.

Upgraded to flash player 10 in user account 'John', every thing honkey dorey and working here. The other account, Jane, isn't, no flash player working and online I'm told to install, in so doing getting the 19166 error. Like those before on this thread, I have tried all the suggestions I can find on the web to uninstall/install flash player 10 in Jane's user account; doesn't work and I get the 19166 error every time I try. SubInACL doesn't help, I even went so far as to purchase registery fixer software all to no avail.

Fed up I deceided to install an older flash version, ran the adobe uninstaller and downloaded from adobe.com 'flash 9', and went ahead to install it in Janes account. No errors reported during installation (looking good). Went online and of course was told I to... 'please upgrade to newest flash player'. Did that, no problem it worked! So Jane now has flash player 10 working. Logg off Jane then on as John, guess what, no flash player.

Try to 'upgrade' as requested and get 19166 error this time as 'John', despite hte fact that account has had it working before. Very frustrating, remedy so far is Jane uses IE8 and John Firefox. I hope this piece of info. can hep someone suss whats going wrong where and maybe suggest a solution. Maybe I'll have to wait for Flash Player ver. 11 or 12 before this is solved?

Britnor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Britnor, I have , pretty much, the same problem you have. I.e., Player 10 installs & works in Admin user but not in Name user (even though name user has administrator priviledges). Did you ever find a fix that works (other than running different browsers)?

XP Pro, IE6, 1 Administrator user account, 1 Name user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BruceTR,

Sorry I gave up. I use firefox with no problem.

I hope this issue will be fixed next time Adobe releases a newer flash version.

Regards

Gobbo

--- Den tir 2009-10-13 skrev BruceTR <forums@adobe.com>:

Fra: BruceTR <forums@adobe.com>

Emne: Flash Error:  Failed to install go to adobe...tn_19166 No help at all

Til: "C D" <gobbobritnor@yahoo.no>

Dato: Tirsdag 13. oktober 2009 16.33

Britnor, I have , pretty much, the

same problem you have. I.e., Player 10 installs & works

in Admin user but not in Name user (even though name user

has administrator priviledges). Did you ever find a fix that

works (other than running different browsers)?

XP Pro, IE6, 1 Administrator user account, 1 Name user

account.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and the Adobe site is NO HELP AT ALL, nor can I find a straightforward way to report the problem to them. It's remarkable that Adobe is so irresponsible as to leave us in this helpless condition. V

Registry permission error

Download updates for Acrobat Reader

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and this version of Acrobat Reader. This program was created by Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Solution

Go online to the following website to download an update that solves this problem:

Adobe Systems Incorporated

You are using Windows Vista SP1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have still been fighting with this for days.  I have been able to download the flash player 9 and can get youtube videos to play.  But still cannot upload photos to facebook.  the site tells me it wants to install the flashplayer add-on so I do and nothing happens.  I also cannot find a place on the adobe website to write in to them and describe my problems.  I wish I never installed the IE8!!!!!  The add-on thing is so confusing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer

On the right is a link to 'contact Support'.   Go there, log in with your Adobe ID (same one you use on forums) and you'll have access to the support webportal to open a case.

Or go direct:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I'll give it a try.

Wish me luck!

dl

David Lieberman

6010 New Jericho Rd.

Chapel Hill, NC 27516

919-929-3767

davidlieberman@bellsouth.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble installing the flash player, does anyone have any tips to help me out???

[link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fought with this most of the day and just managed to get Flash 10 installed on my XP machine.  Spent a lot of time dinking with the registry and really thought I'd messed it up good at one point.  Fortunately, it's okay.

What worked for me was getting a copy of the version 9 archives and installing one of them.  I had to work my way back through the version 9 builds until I found one that would install without telling me that there is a more recent copy.

Once I got a version of 9 to install...version 10 installed right over it with no problem.  I did not have to uninstall version 9.  Version 10 just replaced it.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got Flash to install on both of the computers that would not accept the installation of the program.

We did the "download and install version 9.x" routine.

For us, the version that finally installed was flashplayer9r16_winax.

After this installation was successful, I went to Youtube to view a video.  Youtube indicated that I needed the latest version of Flash installed.  I clicked on that link and was taken to the Adobe website install link.

I clicked on the Install Now button and sure enough, the most recent version of Flash was accepted by my computer.

(I did have to do this process twice on one of the computers, but the second time through the upgrade was accepted.)

On the first computer that we were successful with, we had run the process that BWolfe with Adobe suggested in this thread.

On the second computer that we were successful with, we did not run that process (but I had done it about twenty thousand times before on that particular computer.)

I cannot say if that process was the start of getting 9r16 to install on the computer or not, but I suppose you could just cut to the chase and try in the installation of 9r16.  If that does not work, then do the routine BWolfe recommends and if that doesn't solve your problem add the step of installing flashplayer9r16_winax to the list.

Note:  I don't know if the winax version is compatible with your computer.  We have Windows XP Professional on both of these computers.

Here is the link to the archived Flash Player files  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html  The one we downloaded was FlashPlayer9 (166 MB).  That is a zipped file and when we extracted it, it created 13 directories of prior versions of flash.  One of those directories is 9r16 where the above referenced file is stored.

Tofer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried everything!!! uninstall and reinstall over and over, even when i'm installing activex, the flash error "go to adobe...tn_19166" keeps appearing... i've tried to install adobe flash player older versions like some of you said, i installed version 9r28 and it seemed to worked, as the activex version 9 was installed, however when i try to install the new 10 version of flash player this error appears again!!! i have updated everything in my computer and change its registry but nothing works... i really do not what to do, adobe faq and instructions are no help at all... i dont think i can use another program to watch videos right???...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2009 Jun 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got FP 10 to install.  Check out this thread:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2069313

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that most of the time its a permissions issue with the registry. I have tried all the fixes that i could find in fourms, adobe's knowldgebase and nothing. This is the only fix i found to work for windows XP PRO, might work with home but not sure if it has secedit or not.

As administrator do the following

1. Open a command prompt

Start -> Run

type CMD and hit "OK"

2. Run secedit (this will reset all core file permssions and registry permissions.)

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

3. Download and run the adobe flash uninstall. This will make sure nothing is left from failed installs

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

uninstall_flash_player /clean

4. Install flash http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

5. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MakeFlashWork, your solution worked for me. After trying many other recommended fixes from this discussion, yours worked. I found the post showing the spaces in your secedit string to be very helpful (as I loaded your string incorrectly on my first try). XP Pro, IE6, 1 Administrator user account, 1 Name user account.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an invalid path error for c:\windows\repair when I try to run secedit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines