• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get 'Error 6' every time I try and open photoshop!

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased photoshop a little over a month ago. I functioned for about three weeks, and for the past week every  time I try and open it I get a window that says 'licensing for the product has stopped working.........Error: 6'--I have attached it here for clarity.

I have had no luck getting through to customer service. I did find an article on adobe.come that led me through some steps to correct this issue, but they did not work.

It is so frustrating! Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

SF Ellen-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was did what you read?

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401528

Did you use the Adobe Uninstaller?  It gets installed in:

./Applications/ Utilities/ Adobe/ …

In addition, look for the CS4Clean script on the Adobe site, download it and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a similar article about CS4, but not the one you referance. Not sure I understand about the un-installer? What is a clean sript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With previous versions (up to CS2) one could just drag the Photoshop folder to the trash to uninstall.  Starting with CS3 and continuing with CS4 you cannot do that, under any circumstances, ever.   Now you must use the Adobe Uninstaller.

When you install CS3 or CS4, the default installation puts the uninstaller in your Applications folder as follows:

./Applications/ Utilities/ Adobe/…

The CS3Clean and CS4Clean script are provided by Adobe for when you have improperly uninstalled or trashed CS3 or CS4.

You can read all about it on the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

I will try that, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if this works.

I have a similar problem.

I have a macbook pro with a 320gb internal disk and a 64gb solid state disk.  i run the OS and apps off the SSD and keep my data on the spinning disk.

My system has been running well for months.  it crashed today.  i fixed permissions on all disks.

I can start photoshop CS4 when i boot off the internal disk, but i get "Error 6" when i boot off the SSD.

I have read a bunch of articles and tried some things that haven't worked.

I'm up for un-installing and re-installing if it will help.

Thanks,

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got hold of adobe customer support. They told me I had to un-install and re-install--problem is, they want me to un-install ALL my adobe products, including lightroom. I am in the middle of processing about 1,000 raw images from a three day location shoot, and just dont see how this is possible.

Grrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that sounds like a load of fun!

it would be easier for me since i use aperture, and i'm in the middle of a photoshop class and not a monster project.

good luck!

--bert--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines