Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

php form not sending

Jun 8, 2009 6:34 PM

i have been lately having trouble with a php form. it will not send the form out to me when they submit it. is there something wrong with the coding? it works for me.

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 9, 2009 5:47 AM   in reply to future-architect

This could be a problem with your permission on the server, as many servers will no longer allow you to send emails from them, without first validating that you are sending it , not your user.

HTH

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2009 8:12 AM   in reply to future-architect

Check with 1&1 for there policy, and the script they recommend, then send your data to this script for processing.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2009 6:02 AM   in reply to future-architect

Sorry you will have to ask them what 775 means as I have never heard of this, it sound like a server permission setting, or possibly something that must be inserted into your code to set the permission!

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2009 8:25 AM   in reply to future-architect

They are talking about *nix file permissions. You might be able to change that via your host control panel. Or, telnet to the host and use chmod.

If you are on a *nix host, you need to learn about unix file permissions.

http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2009 9:32 AM   in reply to bregent

Ok, I had not looked at your original post before replying earlier. It doesn't seem likely that the problem is related to file permissions. The web server doesn't know if it is you or another visitor submitting the form. Problems like this are often related to scripts checking referrers or other http header data that may be blocked by a firewall or browser setting. I don't know php, but I didn't see anything in your script that looks like it is checking http header data, but I could be wrong. Someone else with more php experience should take a look.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2009 10:25 AM   in reply to future-architect

OK, is this related to your original post in any way?  Does this password protection allow logging in by passing credentials in the querystring?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2009 6:55 AM   in reply to future-architect

Most of us do, but you are probably better to post to the 'application development' part of the forum.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2009 6:58 AM   in reply to future-architect

future-architect wrote:

Is there anybody here that knows how to do php coding?

Yes, but you should post questions about PHP in the right forum: Dreamweaver Application Development. Also, don't just keep adding new questions to an old thread. Everything might seem related to you, but other people see a thread that has already received a lot of replies, and are likely to skip it unless they have already been involved. Take a look at this post about how to get help quickly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points