• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bandwidth and usage statistics

Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we need to record and display daily/weekly/monthly statistics on vod application usage,

we are working with multiple application and need statistics for each one of them individually

parameters required are bandwidth,number of connection,view time ...

can someone point on practical way to do it?

Regards,

Kobi Shalom

kobi@koh.co.il

KOH IT Solutions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FMS creates standard logs, and you can read them using most log readers (such as sawmill) or a custom application.

Take a look at the access logs in the fms/logs directory... that's where you'll find much of the info you need. The fields in the logs can be customized... see fms/conf/logger/xml for descriptions of the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jay,

We succeed to configure log files independent for each Vhost and now we will work on analyze software, Before we go to the actual purchase, I tried to understand the different from adobe site but since I'm new with this product I need your help with version decision:

Can we use different VHOST/Application and generate different log files for each one of them on Flash Media Streaming Server 3.5 version?

Regards,

Kobi Shalom

KOH IT Solutions

E. kobi@koh.co.il

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never worked with streaming server, but I'm almost certain that it does not support multiple Vhosts. You might want to confirm that with Adobe sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

Is there any way to access logs using the Administration console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can click on Manage servers and then on the tab server logs. There you will see some logging info from the server. Please keep in mind that if you need more details it is always better to check the static logs as the information in admin console is not static reading from the FMS logs. This has some limitations as it will only show live logging and also not all events will be displayed here. There will be limited information regarding which core was started or went down and event such as connect to a certain application.

If you require more details FMS logs or Admin APIs are the way to go.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines