• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oracle Help in RH8, not working as it did before

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're building Oracle Help in Robohelp & recently upgraded to RH8. When I delivered the files to our dev team, the files won't work. This is what our dev person wrote to me:

When I try to load the Oracle Help I get the following error message:

oracle.help.library.helpset.HelpSetParseException: Unknown error when parsing hs file: No toplevel tag in helpset file

I looked at the helpset file and didn’t see anything different except the first line was changed

to: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

I have no idea what this means or what I'm supposed to do. Obviously something changed in RH8 that affects the build but I have no idea what our dev team is supposed to do to make it work. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you generated the Oracle Help from RH8, were you able to view the help on your system. I tried generating Oracle Help on my RH8 Machine and was able to view the Oracle Help, with out any error.
you need to specify the encoding type to utf-8 while calling the java compiler command.
-Dfile.encoding=UTF8

you can check the command line used by RH8, I am pasting the command sent by RH8 to open the oracle help in correct encoding type. you can forward the command line to your developer.

java -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -classpath C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help-4_2-ehelp-integration.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4-demo.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4-indexer.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4-nls.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4-rsrc.zip;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4-viewer.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\help4.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\ohj-jewt.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\ohelp\oracle_ice.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\Adobe\ADOBER~1\RoboHTML\ORACLE~1\bsscohrs.jar; HelpLauncher -helpset "C:\Users\praful.ADOBENET\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\asdsadsad\!SSL!\Oracle_Help\asdsadsad.hs"

Hope this will help you.

-Praful
Adobe RoboHelp Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did view the output file in Robohelp & it's fine. I sent the info you gave me to our dev team. I haven't heard from them yet. As soon as I do, I'll post it. Thanks so much! I did not know what I was going to do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are awesome! I just heard from our Dev team and they said this fixed it!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm.  I hit the same problem and it help me up for a few hours.  It would be helpful if this was in the user guide since this blocks anyone from moving farward and the exception error does not tell me how to remedy the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp