Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Overlapping Window

Jun 22, 2009 8:16 PM

Hi,

I would like to create an overlapping window for 2 different applications:

*     I want to set up a hyperlink to another website, that sits on top of my page and can be closed with an exit button.

*     I would like to create an overlapping window attached to an internal link that can be closed with an exit button.

Can anyone please tell me what this type of window is called?  I tried to find some info in GoLive Help, but you how it is when you don't know what to search for. OR, can anyone tell me how to create one?

Thanks!

Nadine

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2009 4:23 PM   in reply to nadywhacker

You can use the following action to open a popup window, and it offers control over the size and positioning of the window as well as the option to add a close window link:

http://www.mindpalette.com/actions/details.php?actionID=35

John

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2009 1:43 PM   in reply to johndonaldson

as well as the option to add a close window link:

That is only for the open image popupvindow part of the script (as i recall)

For other content in the popup youll have to make a closewindow link/button or use one of the closescript nates made

Close Child Window 1.0
    Close popup windows automatically when leaving the main parent window, or by clicking a link in the main window.

Close Popup Redirect Action 1.0.1
    Close a popup window and redirect the parent window / opener.

You find both at: http://www.mindpalette.com/actions/index.php

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2009 4:16 PM   in reply to Jesper G. O. Møller
    That is only for the open image popupvindow part of the script (as i recall)

Thanks Jesper. I'm sure you recall correctly. You can also link any text or image in a window you have opened to the default Close Window action in GoLive, which will close the current window (as long as the window was generated by script).

John

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2009 11:42 AM   in reply to nadywhacker

Is it not working when seeing it in a browser ??

Try flatten you scriptlibery ... (Rightclick in the file window and chose Update>Flatten ScriptLib or chose site>Update>Flatten ScriptLib in the menu

In CS2-3 ther have been som problem with 3party actions not working right away.. Here is some trublesolwing frome my ovne actionpage:

GoLive CS2 users may have some problem with using 3part actions do to a minor bug in CS2.

The promlem is that CS2 wont use the action (put it in the scriptLib). normaly this problem is solved by flatten the scribtLibery when adding the action (normaly this only has to bee don first time using the action).

Another solution if flatning the scriptlibery dont work is to open the action file in GoLive, just like any other file. make a smal change, an change back agin and the save it. Or do as if the action is grayd out

Are you having problems with the action not being visible or is greyed out? The fix is very simple.
    1. Open the action file in GoLive, just like any other file.
    2. Save the file using "save as" with the original name.
    3. Restart GoLive and the action should now be available.
    (Doing this may cause the action icon to disaper but the action shud now work)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2009 11:26 PM   in reply to nadywhacker

Certainly. You link to a page instead. The page that goes in the popup is a normal page and can have links and everything else you would put on any page. But in that case wouldn't it be more convenient for people just to go to a new page rather than a popup?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2009 11:29 AM   in reply to nadywhacker

I would like to build a popup window with text, background color and active links, but can't seem to make this happen.

To do all that, you need a page to go in your popup window. I still don't get why, if it's just one page, you don't put the slide-show etc. on the page?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2009 2:47 PM   in reply to nadywhacker

1. Thin white borders/margins on the top and left sides.  These margins show up in the window when I look at it in Preview or a browser and I would like to eliminate them, if possible.  The margins are about 10 pixels in width.  I would appreciate info as to how to do this.

That sound like a margin issu

Try with css to set the thml and body marign to 0

html, body {margin: 0}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points