Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip Notes .pdf error - "Bad encrypt dictionary"

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using OS X Leopard (10.5)

I created a Premiere Pro 2.0.1 project, added a couple of markers with comments, and exported to Clip Notes. I did not set any password protection. Emailed it as an attachment to a client who is using Windows, to see if they could open it. They could not, they received the following error message:

"There was an error opening this document. Bad encrypt dictionary."

Any ideas what this is? Is there a basic incompatibility between Mac-generated Clip Notes files and Windows platform? (I know that Mac can only export the video file in a Clip Notes .pdf as QuickTime, but that does not seem to be the problem here, the client does have QT on their Windows PC.)

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I could not find any obvious place to post questions about Clip Notes .pdf files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I am using Vista sp1 (64bit) and exported a QT clip notes out of AECS4. i emailed to a win client and he received the dictionary error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We sell downloaded PDF materials that are password protected.  We have had this happen only 3 times out of hundreds of downloads.  It does not appear to have anything to do with the passwords.  Our IT guy thinks it is spyware or something on the computer that is having the error.     Is there anyone at Adobe that can answer this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using XP and I just have the same message from Adobe Reader (ver 6)  "Bad encrypt dictionary. when I tried to open a pdf form  from an utility company. I had open this forms before

Anyone at Adobe Acrobat has any idea or suggestion?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happened to me.  Update your adobe reader to the latest version.  Open the file with that reader instead of with your copy of adobe acrobat.  Unfortuanltey, you lose all the features of the adobe software, but at least you can read the file.

Hope you are able to read the doucments from the utility.

Note:  If you are saving pdf's save then in a version that will allow those who have at least acrobat 6.0.  Many orgnaizations and people are a couple of versions behind due to realative costs of upgrading.  This simple task will save you those emails about "bad encrypt dictionary" and allow many to read your pdf's with no problems.  At least that's been my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing customers who cannot access our PDF catalog on our website.  They are getting the same "Bad Encrypt Dictionary"  message.  Is there anyone out there with a suggestion on how to remedy this issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines