• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Administrator Page Access Error

Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get the following error message when I try to load the CF Admin Page.

Error Occurred While Processing RequestThe web site you are  accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website  administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for  debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

unexpected  constant #2 56

Resources:
  • Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the  source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug  Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
  • Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct  syntax.
  • Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.
Browser  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;  MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR  3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR  3.5.30729)
Remote  Address  127.0.0.1
Referrer 
Date/Time  24-Jun-09 02:56 PM

waiting for Help..

Naveen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually means that the CF Administrator version is not in sync

with the CF version. Maybe you upgraded ColdFusion and the CFIDE

directory was not upgraded or it points to an older CFIDE version ?

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

thanks for the reply...

It's not an upgradation of the CF but a fresh installation that is causing this error after 48 hours.

And this is the second time, the re-installation is done.

Can you please advice what would be the solution ?

Naveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen consistently after 2 days ? Are there any operating

system scheduled tasks might restore a previous version of CFIDE ?

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no scheduled task running...

We had re-installed CF and this error came up after a couple of days of the re-instalation...

Not only for the adinistrator, but the same error just poped up for one of the Users created...

Naveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request

File not found: /CFIDE/administrator/administrator.cfm

Resources:

• Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.

• Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.

• Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser 

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB0.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)

Remote Address 

Referrer 

Date/Time 

26-Jun-10 01:53 PM

Please, I have gotten this error message since last Wednesday.  I even asked my teacher -- we can not understand.

I have uninstalled all versions of CF  BEFORE  I downloaded and installed CF 9.

But I can not get the administrator to work -- I have NEVER had a problem like this before.

Please, I really need to fix this problem.  My school project is due in less than five days.

I REALLY DO NEED SOME HELP.

SHOULD I UNINSTALL CF 9 AND GO BACK TO AN EALIER VERSION?

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong path/filename for the admin page.  Correct is /cfide/administrator/index.cfm or just /cfide/administrator

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he's right, i know how to solve your problem, here is my email

walterjone96@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem and I am going to be seriously boned unless I can get CF9 on my laptop.

I have had no problems with the other versions.  I completely uninstalled them from my computer and even checked to make sure they were deleted.

I tried to download CF 9  on my laptop and I did get the download and installation.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN NOT GET THE ADMINISTRATOR TO WORK.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,  does anyone have any clue?   I have been working on this same problem since last Wednesday (four days now -- almost 20 hours per day).

I really need to get this problem solved. 

PLEASE.....    ANY HELP?

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the ColdFusion Installation Logs.  See if there where any important errors from the installation.

Check the web server configuration.  Make sure there is a propper connection between the web server and ColdFusion.

n

The error message makes me think that there is not a CFIDE virtual directory created in your web server.

P.S. what web server are you using anyway?  There is an issue with a defaut IIS7 configuration that comes on new Windows machines.  One has to install optional IIS6 compatibiity components to the web server for ColdFusion to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this - "I CAN NOT GET THE ADMINISTRATOR TO WORK" - mean?  In what way does it not work?  Do you get an error message?  As someone else asked, did anything get reported in the logs?  What web server are you using? What *OS* are you using?  How do you imagine anyone could help you based only on the info you've provided (which is basically none).

Have you read the "before you post" guidance? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607238

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's too late for this, but for others ...

I'm still using Coldfusion MX7

See if the file component.cfc is in the wwwroot/web-inf/cftags/ directory of your Coldfusion installation. It is zero bytes - they can sometimes get removed by system cleaners. If it's not there, just create a file with that name in notepad or something - with nothing in it, just save it as a filename in the specified directory.

This was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation