• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the font size of Text box tool ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to change the font size of Text box tool ?

I am using Acrobat PDF 6.0

Tools > Advanced Commenting > Text Box Tool

I need to know how to change the font size. The default font size is too big.

let me know

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you pain dude. Here's what you do. Select the text you have in the text box, so only the text is highlighted. Then hit control E. Wallah. That should fix your problemo. If control E doesn't work, you may need to go into Preferences and select "use single key accelerators", but I know less about that because I didn't have to do that with my 6.0 program. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes CTRL+E brings up property tool bar and that is where we can edit the fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BLESS YOU! You don't know my stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I do not understand why Adobe decided to hide almost every funtion I use so that I have to Bing search how to change a text size it used to come up with the right click menu 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat programmers specialize in making things difficult to the user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you are SO precious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir / Madam, Thank you for taking the time to ease "our pain", as you put it. I have a manual but sometimes it it take much longer to fing it in the book. Be blessed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl + E worked for me. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically you would select the text and right click to change the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see option to change the font size in Acrobat 6.0 standard edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 'Prefernces' for Acrobat, you can set the default font and font size. If you need to make a one time change, create you comment in MS Word with the font, size, and other formatting you want to use, and then cut and paste the text into the text box. Once you have created the text box this way, you can use the context menu for the comment field to make these properties your default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. Gives error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have AA6 available right now (I can check at home this evening). I am also using AA Pro, not Std. In AA7, there is a text box tool that is a commenting tool. When I started typing, a properties toolbar came up that had the font size and such. I haven't figured out how to get the toolbar after the fact. In AA8, I selected the text box tool and then went to view and selected the properties bar (the font size and all showed then), or use Ctrl-E when editing the text. I have not been able to figure out how to edit the text in a text box after you have created it - think it is a mental block right now. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out after a lot of trial and error and some help from a friend:  you can only set or change font and font size when you click to initiate the text box on the first try.  Right-click somewhere on the Menu Bar and check the Properties Bar option, then the bar appears with choice for font and size.  Start typing your text; once you're done, if the text shows a different font or size from what you wanted, highlight the entire text and pick your font and size from the drop-down menu.  Once you're satisfied and get out f the Text Box function, you will notice that the Properties Bar does not show the font and size drop-dowm menus anymore.  So it only allows you to set font and size when executing the command initially, you can't go back and change the font or size after it's been out there.

That's if you want to use Text Box within the Comments menu.  Otherwise, you can go into the Edit menu and choose Add Text, then you can Edit Text to make changes to font and size, although that can get a little funky sometimes if you start pushing and pulling the original extents of the text body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines