Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FDF file missing file specification entry

Jan 26, 2009 4:33 AM

Using Acrobat 7 we have created a PDF form that is based on a pdf file which is located on a server. All team members have access to this pdf file. After filling out the form the actual data transfer works via sending just fdf data. The fdf file always contained the actual pdf file specification (path and file name)with preceding by /F key.

All this worked perfectly until the first team members upgraded to Adobe Reader version 9. Filling out the form with Adobe reader 9 leads to fdf files which have no file specification information any more. We have updgraded Adobe Acrobat 7 to Acrobat 9 as well because we thought there is just a problem in creating the actual form. However, Acrobat 9 forms behave the same.

Does anybody know, why fdf files generated by filling out forms with Adobe Reader 9 or Acrobat 9 do not include the actual pdf file information anymore?

Many thanks in advance,
Klaus

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2009 5:21 AM   in reply to (Klaus_J_Fischer)
    > Using Acrobat 7 we ...

Post your question in forum for Adobe Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2009 2:05 PM   in reply to (Klaus_J_Fischer)

Did you ever solve this problem?

Thank you,

mlinfo

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2011 2:20 AM   in reply to (Klaus_J_Fischer)

I have the same problem, does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I have produced a form in version 7 and when anyone filled in the form and sent the fdf to may mailbox, i opened the fdf and it filled in the for blank form.  Now when I try to open the fdf it comes up with a fault "Application not found"  This has only started today after the system was upgraded to version 9.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)