Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Add site please help

Jul 8, 2009 7:49 AM

Hi,

i iam trying to add my 1st site in the incontext editing site. but i get an error message:

Picture 1.png

iam sure about my Username & Password because i uploaded the site from Dreamweaver using the exact same Username & Password.

Please help me i can't figure out what is going wrong.   

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2009 2:03 PM   in reply to PPD admin

Hello,

Please double check if the FTP Host, username and password have been entered correctly. Make sure that you did not copy any whitespace characters for any of the fields, if you've copied the values from someplace else.

Please let us know if you still have this problem.

Thank you,

Florin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2009 8:28 AM   in reply to PPD admin

Yes, please send your FTP details to incontexteditingfeedback@adobe.com (FTP server, username, password, Host Directory and URL for the site).

Also, please add a reference to this post in the e-mail you send.

Thank you,

Florin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2009 12:34 PM   in reply to PPD admin

I am having the exact same problem. I have gone through the forum to find a solution but without success. Connects are fine for two other accounts using the same host provider [GoDaddy]. Login and password have been triple checked.

Site name and URL - works fine

FTP settings - get message stating FTP connection successful

Assets - host directory/media directory are left blank. Default page is index.html

Once I press 'save' under assets, I get the following message:"Add Site Error. An FTP error occurred. A test file could not be copied to the specified Host Directory.Your FTP user may not have sufficient permissions to access the folder and/or its contents."

I can connect just fine using Dreamweaver and Filezilla. Also made sure I selected passive FTP.

I would love the opportunity to offer this service to several clients so they can edit their own text. Hoping you can assist!

Janice

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 8:34 AM   in reply to SpokieSand

Spokie... if you are still having issues getting connect, please create a NEW thread discussion & I will look into it.

Thanks,

-Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 8:45 AM   in reply to Tommy Logic

I figured it out. Once I changed server options from Windows to Linux with GoDaddy, everything worked fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 11:06 AM   in reply to SpokieSand

Good deal then... future reference; during InContext setup, Windows servers require you to enter in the Host field: /your-domain-name/

Glad its working.

-Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 10:09 AM   in reply to Tommy Logic

Hi

I am having the exact same error behaviour

My server is windows IIS SBS2003 - I duplicate the ftp error but putting /domain.co.uk/ in the host field is returned as an unauthorised value

Any help much appreciated

you are welcome to server creds if you wish to test / if more than just user error here

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 11:16 AM   in reply to SteveJ748

Steve.. this thread is answered and closed.

Please start a new thread & I'll look at it.

-Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2010 6:05 AM   in reply to PPD admin

hi

i am getting a similar  issue, i have had my site setup for sometime ok on the first version of incontext but when i logged in today it would not work i removed the site and readded and now i get the mentioned ftp permissions error:

ftperror.png

i am running linux server and not windows.

the ftp details are correct and the test connection button on the screen before host directory screen returns connected successfully, so why cant it copy the test file or setup the site. i know the last post said to start new tread but i can not see where this is done.

please help

thanks

G

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points