• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert .indd to .psd??

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend sent me a brochure last year done in .indd, I used the trial version but this year I want to edit it and I only have Photoshop downloaded.  Is there anyway to convert it over to .psd so I do not have to redu the brochure?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ru1two wrote:

A friend sent me a brochure last year done in .indd, I used the trial version but this year I want to edit it and I only have Photoshop downloaded.  Is there anyway to convert it over to .psd so I do not have to redu the brochure?

Not really, if the file is an InDesign file. Photoshop is an image editor and handles single pages only. It cannot interpret the layout data of an ID file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As John said - no way. If a PDF of the file exists, it may be possible to extract separate pages in PS and illustratorand even get partially editable objects, but it will never be the real deal as doing it in InDesign. And then again, even if you are able to edit the data, getting it printed might be another thing, as possibly rasterized elements from PS will never look as sharp and sexy as their vector based brothers could in ID, not tho think of the whole color management dance...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines