Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions issue

Level 1

Hi all,

I have an issue about ARES. When I create a PDF file and use password to secure the document and “Changes Allowed” is set as “Commenting, filling in form fields, and signing existing signature fields”, the commenting doesn’t work and display the error as below:

Warning: JavaScript Window-

This document is not enabled for review in Adobe Reader. You must use Adobe Acrobat to review this document.

Other documents which is not set password security can be commented normally. Please give me some advices.

Any idea will be appreciated!

Regards,

Ryan

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Ryan

I tested this and was unable to duplicate your problem.  I created a "short lived" LiveCycle process that first applied a permissions password (for Acrobat 7 or later) to a (static XFA based) PDF (with the “Commenting, filling in form fields, and signing existing signature fields” permission enabled), then passed the PDF to the "Apply Usage Rights" step, where I enabled "Form Fill in" and the "Commenting" permissions.

I opened the resulting PDF in Reader 9.1, and was able to use the commenting tools.

Does your process differ from mine described abvove?  If so, how?

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! I have something unclearly. What is the “Apply Usage Rights” step do you mean? If it looks like the attachment shows, I think I can comment on the PDF file. However, after doing this, the PDF doc settings cannot be modified by Acrobat again.

If not, could you please tell me what is “Apply Usage Rights” step?

Actually, the issue occurred when I use Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions and EMC Documentum PDF Annotation Services together. Everything works fine exception password security settings. If I don’t use password settings, all commenting functionalities are work fine.

Regards,

Ryan

Former Community Member

The "Apply Usage Rights" step I was referring to using the "LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES" product to apply Reader Extensions permissions to a PDF as part of an automated process.  The screen shot you posted is from a web interface that can be used to apply usage rights to a file in a manual fashion.

Using either method produces a PDF that has been reader extended.

I noticed that the screen shot was from Reader Extensions 7.2.  I tested with LiveCycle ES (ver. 8.2), so your issue may be specific to version 7.2.  I would suggest that you contact Adobe Technical Support to log your issue.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I checked the error log and found the issue was caused by PDF annotation service which is provided by EMC Documentum. I created a service ticket to EMC to figure it out.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ryan

Level 1

Hi Ryan,

Can you please let me know the solution you got for the issue.I am also getting the same error.

Warning: JavaScript Window-

This document is not enabled for review in Adobe Reader. You must use Adobe Acrobat to review this document.

I am trying to comment the document  which is in documentum compliance manager when i open the document for annotating i get the same error.

Please help me on this .Thank you very much for your help.