Skip navigation
David Johnston
Currently Being Moderated

Display bug in the Flash update (10.0.2)

Jul 17, 2009 3:34 PM

So I installed the Flash CS4 update that was released in May and for the most part I'm happy with the changes.  There's at least one huge bug, though: the display doesn't update correctly when the start frame is changed on a graphic symbol via any means other than by typing it into the "first" box in the properties panel.  This may not seem like a problem -- how else would you change it, after all?  Well, by hitting "undo", for instance, after you changed it via the "first" box.  Or via JSFL.  That's the biggest problem for me: I have a bunch of JSFL commands I wrote that are pretty much integral to my animation process that changed the start frame of a graphic symbol, but the display no longer updates correctly when I use those.

So my question is: has anyone else run into this problem?  I've encountered it on multiple installations so I'm pretty sure it's integral to the update.  Has anyone figured out a way to fix it, or at least a workaround?  Perhaps a way in JSFL to force a display update?

-David

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2009 3:55 PM   in reply to David Johnston

Hi David,

Thank you very much for letting us know about this one. I hate to hear about this, and have reproduced both problems and filed them internally.

As for the JSFL, a workaround could be to manually select the Stage in JSFL:

document.setSelectionRect({left:0, top:0, right:0, bottom:0});

You could select an area of the Stage that contains the instance instead if you want it to remain selected.

Hope that helps, and thanks again for reporting,

Jen.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points