• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I copy and paste a website? Then change the banner?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I already have a website can I just change the layout ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, If I want to change the look of what we have to a new layout I can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have created a new web page and saved it on my desktop how do I get it to the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have created a new web page and saved it on my desktop how do I get it to the hard drive?

It's there already.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean on the root folder do I up load it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to want the Dreamweaver forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver which is where web page development is discussed

This forum is to talk about the operation of the forums, not about web site development

Please tell us EXACTLY how you got where... where did you start and what did you click to arrive at this forum

You are only one of MANY recent people with product questions... who arrived here instead of at a product forum

If you will tell us how you got here, someone may be able to fix the wrong/broken links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize if I caused any inconvenience. I'm just trying to learn

from you guys since you are the experts and I really don't have any one

to guide me with my website.

Went into adobe forum

dreamweaver

how to get help quickly

discussions

start a dicussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

birdy2 wrote:

I do apologize if I caused any inconvenience.  I'm just trying to learn

from you guys since you are the experts and I really don't have any one

to guide me with my website.

Went into adobe forum

dreamweaver

how to get help quickly

discussions

start a dicussion

BINGO!!! THANK YOU BIRDY2!!!

that path indeed plops the person trying to get help quickly right here in the forum comments forum rather than in the forum he/she came from!

how to get help quickly in the main dreamweaver page (off the forums list page) links to here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

at that point, they're already in FCA and they probably don't notice that they've been taken OUT of the dreamweaver forum struct and dumped here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. A mystery solved.

Now, who's gonna fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Nice. A mystery solved.

Now, who's gonna fix it?

Jive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

~graffiti wrote:

Nice. A mystery solved.

Now, who's gonna fix it?

Jive?

Thanks for the chuckle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'How to get help quickly' is actually in here. So when people read it (without necessarily inwardly digesting) - they go UP and land in here. they no doubt assume it's a DW-specific how-to-get-help thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm.. yeah. So the question is, is it Adobe's fault or Jive's?  Seems like Adobe's... (for once)  And how will it get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to get help quickly in the main dreamweaver page (off the forums list page) links to here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

at that point, they're already in FCA and they probably don't notice that they've been taken OUT of the dreamweaver forum struct and dumped here.

Ok... now that we have the link... could a moderator go to that message and add a big, bold notice at the top to NOT click the usual go up to discussion link, but instead to use their browser's BACK button to go back to the form that sent them here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kept trying tell you folks that the DW people were not ignorant. They click a link that there, that sent them here instead of where they should have gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shut up phil. jeezus. shut it please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>They click a link that there,

Oh... my... Freakin'... C***t! You really have no clue as to how ignorant you sound, do you? How the hell do you survive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I survive very well thank you!

The people have been dissing people for coming to the Forum  from DW Forums. I kept explain from time to time that the must be a problem with the forums, trying to defend the people. But everyone else thought the DW people were just ignorant.

Fine if you all want to get po'd for me point out what was happening. That your (more than one) prerogatives. I didn't know what what the problem was or how to fix it. But I had an idea it was problem with the system, not the people. Now we find indeed it is with the system.

enough said on the subject. let's move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, all I'm asking is that you try to form coherent sentences. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading spam email from Nigeria when I read your posts. I can't even decipher what the hell you are trying to say, most of the time. For G*d's sake! Use a spelling and grammar check in an outside WP, if necessary! It's painful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww, come on now, it's not so bad. The worst that can happen is that it'll provide a few laughs.

Now spam mail from Nigeria--that's another class of humor altogether..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't laugh at PJ's incoherent rambling – it is normally superfluous anyway, once you have cut through the mistakes and worked out what he means.

He simply clogs up the this forum with his much too frequent posts.

PJ, you must overcome the compulsion to type something in reply to nearly every post. I read hundreds a day but only reply to a few. Try it – we'll all be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I was a little upset hearing you say this. I might point out that

while your emailing each other back an forth I am seeing everything your

write. All I really wanted was some help with my website problems. I

am new to web design and I thought all of you were here to help us with

our website. Don't ask me how I got you email I just did and several

others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

birdy2 wrote:

All I really wanted was some help with my website problems.  I

am new to web design and I thought all of you were here to help us with

our website.

You may have missed that about 20 posts ago you were advised to go to the Dreamweaver forum.

You cannot get proper help in this one because it is for discussing the forums themselves.

There is also a Web Design forum:    http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/webdesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but you keep showing up on my personal email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines