• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuring CFBuilder for a remote server setup

Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I searched high and low for several hours in an attempt to configure CFBuilder, for it will be able to work with Coldfusion 9 on a remote machine.  I came across some posts in this forum that other users seemed to have this problem and followed the steps that Bhakti Pingale had published, titled, “Remote Server Setup- Standalone”.

So my server settings are the following:

Servername*: Windows Server

Description: Coldfusion 9 on Windows Server 2003

Hostname*: windowsserver

WebServer Port*: 80

RDS User Name: admin

RDS Password: password

Naming Port: 2910

Username*: admin

Password*: admin

Document Root: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

Bhakti recommended to start adminstart.bat file that resides on the server, which I ran and when I refresh my server settings in CFBuilder, I get that “HARMLESS” message, which is ok.  Also, in CFBuilder I have tested my RDS Configuration by navigating to the following:

Windows>Preferences>Adobe>RDS Configuration

And then I hit the 'Test Connection' button, and a popup says, “Test connection was successful.”  I am able to ping my local server (windowsserver) successfully, checked to make sure that CFIDE directory reside in my Document Root as Bhakti mentioned.  I checked my usernames and passwords.

I am stuck, help!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If the server status is still "Unknown" then the last thing I want you to try is delete this server and add it again with the right information. There is a known issue with editing the server which might also be the reason you are not able to see the updated status. -Bhakti Pingale

That seemed to be the problem.  Its now running!  Thanks Bhakti!

Fyi, I deleted my only server setting in CFBuilder, and then added a new server with a different server name and description.

Edit:

And, for whoever cares, my Coldfusion Builder's 'About Adobe Coldfusion Builder' window has the following:
Version: 1.0.0
Build: 240773

Build date: 04 July 2009, 12:15:11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation