• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 pause on button doesn't work

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's up w/ Captivate 4 pause on buttons. I didn't have any problem with functionality using Captivate 3. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong, I've rechecked all of the settings and I can't find one that will make the pause work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm assuming you have double-checked to ensure the pause has been configured?

Assuming so, are you able to put together a very small project demonstrating the issue? Then you could maybe upload it here for us to view first hand.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I just rebuilt new buttons and they work now. But I've seen this issue more than once w/ Captivate 4. Sorry I didn't save the work that illustrated the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Changing the preferences does not correct it for me however. I've posted a sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me.

It does not work when you are doing full motion recording. It will only work when you do normal capture. The swf file which you have attached hints that you might be possibly using Full motion recording.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajeev,

You are correct, I was in full motion record mode; however, if Adobe can not provide pause in this mode, can I suggest providing trim and edit features of the tracks in the timeline. In some cases, as for me, I was recording a process that included a dialog with a progress bar. This piece of the process takes about 40 seconds to complete. It is not reasonable to expect the viewer to wait for the progress bar for the training. If I could cut out 80% after recording it would be okay.

Thanks

David Kelly

Global Customer Care

Plantronics, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

If you Right-click the video you should have the option to open it in Captivate's Full Motion Editor. I can't open Captivate 4 at the moment due to another issue, so I'm flying blind on this. You may have to Right-click the video from the Library.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Right clicking in the "Edit View" screen give this menu. I've seen the full editor somewhere but I don't see it here...

<<ole0>>

David Kelly

Global Customer Care

Plantronics, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

If you right-click the full motion clip in the editor you should gain the ability to locate it in the Library. Then if you right-click it in the Library it should offer the option to open the Full Motion editor.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am also having trouble with a button not pausing the slide.  The project was created by converting a PowerPoint.

The slide has 4 click boxes and a button that appears after 0.0, seconds, pauses after 1.5 seconds and on success, go to next slide.

The 4 click boxes say ‘on success, continue’, ‘display for entire slide’, have a success caption with audio, have 'pause project until user clicks'

I’m sure my issue is something about the timing of the click boxes and pauses.  Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem with a project imported from PPT. I put a click box in to pause the movie and jump to a URL. I swear it worked at one point, but now I can't figure out what happened. I assigned an advanced action to do a "rdCmndPause" and then "jump to url".

The url works, but it won't pause the presentation.

I've tried publishing it with AS 2&3 and Flash 8 & 9.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you edit the Button or Click Box to see the properties, click the down arrow to the immediate right of where you type the URL. There is an option to DE-select called "Continue playing project".

In the default state with the option selected, clicking the Button or Click Box will release the pause and the movie continues playing merrily along while you browse. If you clear the option the slide will remain paused until you finish with the new window.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my new best friend. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, but I think I was premature on making you my new best friend. It's not working for some reason.

Anything else I need to set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

What I've found is that when I un-check the "continue playing project" and also have to check on the audio tab "stop slide audio when paused", that when I come back to the presentation, pushing play will play the video, but no audio will play until you then pause and hit play a 2nd time.

Any ideas?

The file is attached.

Thanks!

Shanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too!! And to add more to it, if I can get it to work, I don't even want to show a skin. I want it to go out and then have a button appears that says resume and then to have it pick-up where it stopped b/c the user clicked the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is my co-worker. We think it's a software bug. I'd be ok with that if I could find a way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you reported it yet? I will if needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wasa a solution ever reported for this?  i believe i'm looking for the same functionality: an onscreen pause button that pauses a full-motion recording without having to use a captivate skin.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too wonder if a solution has been found for this.  I'm having the same problem bringing a basic PowerPoint with audio into it and everything works except the pause button.  I thought the problem may have been loading the .swf file into Blackboard, but the problem also exists running it straight via browser.  Thanks everyone!

Annette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources