• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a click box for a pop up on a quiz page

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add a pop-up scenario review on a quiz page so that those doing the elearning can review the case history.  I have the file saved as a pdf and it allows it to pop-up on other pages of the learning module but I can't figure out how to get this to work on a quiz page.  This is the page I especially want them to have the information so that they can make an informed choice. Does anyone have a thought on how this can be done or what i need to do differently?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb

This will be a bit on the cheesy side, but as your name infers you are from Wisconsin, that shouldn't be a big deal, no?

What you might do is to create a blank project sized at 100x100. Configure it with no preloader and no playback control. Then insert a Click Box that opens the PDF. Just insert the PDF file name and no path information. Publish that as a SWF.

Now return to the project where you want to open the PDF from a question slide. Insert the SWF as an animation object. Perhaps layer the area over an image of a PDF or some other trigger to clue the user they may click.

Give that a go and see if it works for you... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a newbie at some of this so I was able to find the preloader under preferences>Project>Start and End for that screen however is the auto play considered no playback control? I then inserted the click box and told it to open a url or file and put the file in with just the pdf name (Patient_Scenario.pdf) and told it to show for the rest of slide. I also asked it to open in a new window>applied> and Closed. I chose to publish as swf - titled it scenario, told it to publish it to the folder with the original program. The only output option checked was html and flashplayer version was preset for 8. When I click Publish I get the following pop-up. "The files/project listed below are linked to the opened project. The linked files may require exporting. OK. I just clicked ok and it said it saved it. When I click to view project I see a window open with a small white box and a green arrow in it but nothing happens when I click on it. I'm sure I am missing some important steps but I am a very... visual learner so I'm not sure what step in the process I am messing up. Thanks for any additional information on how to make this work.

Deb Gillen

Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different.  ~Katherine Mansfield

Attitudes are contagious.  Are yours worth catching? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!! I have been trying to find a way to add on-demand audio to a quiz. You can't add a button or a click box to a quiz, so I was ready to settle for a rollover caption but I didn't like it.

BINGO -- another captivate piece (or I guess I could have used Flash) with a button and audio. published to a simple swf and loaded as an animation. Now I even get the 3 stages of the button instead of a static graphic.

LOVE IT!!!

Thanks Captiv8r

(just got to think outside the box)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources