• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate time line.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have download the trial version of Captivate to edit some files that were designed by someone else. I have been able to edit them but when the timeline reaches the end the buttons no longer work. You can use the but as long as you click on them before you reach the end of the timeline and they work correctly. I made sure that each of the buttons "Display for rest of slide", that doesn't help either. Can you help me, Please.

Thank you,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Double check the buttons. Normally, Button and Click Box objects will pause the playback until they have been clicked. It's possible to configure them without a pause. So the first step is to ensure that hasn't happened.

Assuming the pause is present, I might then ask how you are viewing? Preview? Published output?

There have been a few reports of Buttons not pausing even when configured to do so. If that turns out to be the case for you, please report to Adobe as a bug. (Link is in my sig)

Also, if that is the case for you, I've also seen others report that re-creating the Button from scratch sometimes helps.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

I have captured the settings I am using so you can see them. I don’t see the pause you were referring to. I checked the Double mouse click and it didn’t work. When I view I publish as htm and swf. I can view everything fine it’s just at the end the buttons are not working. Should I recreate the buttons?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try again. But before you attempt to attach an image, please read through the link below:

Click here to read

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The double click option didn't work didn't work at the end of the timeline either. I tried to create a new button, same thing it didn't work at the end of the timeline either. Here is the attachment as you requested version, output type and OS.

Version - Captivate 4 Trial version

Output type - SWF/HTM

Windows XP

I think I got everything this time. I have checked the past forums and didn't not find anything on this type of question. Is it possible it is because of it being a trial version?

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I'm guessing you haven't read the Frequently Encountered Issues topic we created either.

Click here to read

It will answer your question about the trial.

Perhaps edit the properties of the Button or Click Box. Click the button to the right of where you type the URL. See that option for a New window? I'm guessing perhaps you selected that already. If so, note the other option that is now available. The one labeled "Continue playing project". Perhaps clearing that will get you where you need to be?

Click the image below to view at larger size.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I have not been able to fix my problem yet. Is it possible a version 2 file would not work correctly in version 4 when plublished?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Sure, anything is possible. I don't suppose you would consider sharing your project so we may see first hand what is happening?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am up for anything right now. I am told this needs to be done tomorrow.  Last we talked I thought it was just one of my files. It is all of my published files. All the buttons work as the timeline is playing but the end, none of the buttons work. Do I attach the files with the attachment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources