• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering in Acrobat 9

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 25 page PDF. It is one PDF of several that make up a project.

The project delivery requirements call for several PDF's. But they need to be numbered so that if all the PDF's are printed, the pages will be numbered consecutively.  It is easy to get the thumbnails to be numbered starting on any number I want using the Advanced>Document Processing> Number Pages. But that does not put numbers on the pages for printing. For printing I am putting a footer in but it seems to want to number from page one only. How do I get a PDF to have numbers that match the thumbnail numbers. In other words, how do I get a 25 page PDF to print with page numbers say from 64 to 88.  This is probably a stupid question but I would so appreciate someone's help here.

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to use the Header/Footer feature to add page numbers (or other data) on each page. Choose Document > Header & Footer > Add

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the add header and footer there is a link about middle way on the right. Page Number and date format. You can change the starting page number there.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Don't know how I missed it but your direction was

perfect.

Thom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines