• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash showing as white screen

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still having problems with flash.  I decided to change to firefox where my download manger said download complete (adobe website never said

downloaded)

I then went to test flash player and a white screen showed where the flash video should have been.

Whats the problem? How do I download flash?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem until recently, and now have my Flash working well.

Try this:

Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html and check to see if the version test reports your flash to be correctly detected.

If so, let's assume Flash has been installed, and your particular settings are preventing it from playing correctly.

Now go to the global settings manager here:  http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager05.html

and check the second tab, the Global Storage Settings.  Make sure you check 'Allow third party Flash content to store data on your computer', and move the slider over to 10KB.  (I also have the store common flash components to reduce download times checked on, but I'm not sure this is necessary.)

Change to another settings tab to save the settings!!, and then navigate to the website you're getting a white screen on.  Make sure you give the page time to load, and see if the flash won't play now.

My experience is that when I uncheck the 3rd party content storage, I get a white screen, and when I check it to allow storage, the video plays flawlessly.

That's with an xp sp3 system, running IE8, but I seem to recall the same behavior with Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but the version test report for my flash just shows a blank screen as

well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I'm guessing the installation didn't complete.  Try using this method (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html) to fix the registry permissions, make sure you then install as administrator, and see the Aug 18th post in this thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470896?tstart=0) for some helpful uninstall instructions that seem to have made a difference for me...

Good luck

If flash is "correctly" installed, you should see the flash video here:  http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K...I just tried that

While running the reset fp10 it stated "failed C:Windows\system32\Macromed -

Creator Error: a required privledge is not held by client"

when I went to C:Windows\system32\Macromed i found a flash file (I was not

able to remove this)

Do I need to remove this file before the reset can take place? If so how do

I remove it? I have administrative rights.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need admin permissions to install the registry keys Flash Player needs.

I'd recommend you get permissions to that account, then use the downloadable alternate installer in this technote:

kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how would I go about getting admin permissions to install the registry

keys Flash Player needs?? This is my pc and to my knowledge I am the

administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that was a mistake on my part, I was reading too fast and thought you said you were -not- the admin.

There isn't a direct relationship between what you see in Macromed folder and the reset tool.  Concentrate just on getting SubInACL to do it's business.  I'll ping the installer guru and ask him to take a look at this thread, see if he can add anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in that macromed folder is a Flashutli9e file (Which I cannot remove)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using, and which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this tutorial:  http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

Be cautious.  Don't be deleting what you don't understand...

An excellent registry backup tool is Erunt.  I'd recommend you use it before any poking around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do any registry poking. I had a chat with the installer engineer and he had some followup questions:

1. Is the entire screen white or just the region where the Flash content is supposed to display?

2. What happens when they right click on the region where the Flash content should be?

3. What are the security settings on the Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash directory (right click on the Flash directory->security tab). We’ll need each group/user in the security tab and the permissions for each.

4. Which version of Windows?

5. Which version of Firefox?

6. Does the following file exist?

Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll

7. Does Flash content play back using Internet Explorer?

Let's get that information before we decide how to proceed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do any registry poking. I had a chat with the installer engineer and

he had some followup questions:

1. Is the entire screen white or just the region where the Flash content is

supposed to display?

just the region where flash is displayed

>

2. What happens when they right click on the region where the Flash content

should be?

nothing happens when i right click on it

>

3. What are the security settings on the Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

directory (right click on the Flash directory->security tab). We’ll need

each group/user in the security tab and the permissions for each.

i dont have flash directory under listed in my macromed

vista

>

>

>

Yes

No

>

>

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i dont have flash directory under listed in my macromed"

Well that explains why you're not seeing any Flash content.  That's the installed location of Flash Player (activeX control and plugin-version).

That folder should look kind of like this (mine isn't perfectly clean since I do a lot of testing, but you should have much of this stuff)

http://www.bentimagemedia.com/flash_folder.jpg

What do you have in yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer.xpt

install

NPSWF32.dll

NPSWF32_FlashUtil

FlashUtil9e

uninstall_plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a support web case (www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer) and post back the case #. I've gone as far as I can go on this on forums..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with flash on firefox. The answers are inline

BWolfe [ADOBE] wrote:

Don't do any registry poking. I had a chat with the installer engineer and he had some followup questions:

1. Is the entire screen white or just the region where the Flash content is supposed to display?

Only flash region

2. What happens when they right click on the region where the Flash content should be?

Nothing Comes up

3. What are the security settings on the Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash directory (right click on the Flash directory->security tab). We’ll need each group/user in the security tab and the permissions for each.

I have permissions for each

Windows XP Pofessional

Firefox 3.6.3

Yes

Yes

Is there anything I am missing here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Publish Settings in File menu.  Click on wrench next to action script 3.0 (Settings)  Towards the bottom under library settings change from current setting to embed in code setting...  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you need to resurrect a nearly 2½ year old topic...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I felt like and and appearantly no one could answer so...  mind ya biz dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PopShop Web Design wrote:

Because I felt like and and appearantly no one could answer so...  mind ya biz dude!

Be honest, you didn't look at the date did you? People will respect you more if you admit you made a mistake. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I has a similar issue and was able to solve it.  It appears to be a problem with co-existance of certain adobe software products (so much for regression testing boys).

windows 7 workstation with

Adobe reader 9.x (didn't take note of the exact version).

Adobe flash 11 (latest at time of post)

Adobe shockwave (latest at time of post)

Adobe Air (didn't take note of version).

other software (not important)...

I tried the hardware acceleration non-sense.  Worthless advice as it didn't work for me.

Solution:

Uninstalled all adobe software (all 4 that I had installed). 

Observed that now youtube showed that I didn't have flash installed.  That was a good sign to me.

Installed latest Adobe reader, adobe flash, and adobe shockwave.  Didn't bother to install Adobe air. 

Everything works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines