• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes During Startup

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have a major problem i think.. after I installed AAE CS4 I picked the trial to see how it was b4 i bought it. Once everything was installed and complete I restarted my computer but when I went to open the program it pulled the grey aae startup box. It had 4% complete and said Initializing Media Core then it just stops and minutes later crashes with not progress. It continually does it with no improvement. Anybody that can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects 9.02 update addresses a number of causes for crashes on launch. Have you tried updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us a little more about your system. What processor? Graphics card? I agree with first trying to run all updates. In order to launch the Adobe Updater, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6 and launch the update.exe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same trouble.

I'm working on a Macpro station, all of the adobe applications are up to date but its still crashing at startup.

It seems that the app is crashing when initializing "media core"...

Maybe it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you have Magic Bullet installed? MB installs a MediaCore component that is not compatible with CS4.

If it's not this, I'd remove any third party codecs you may have on your system and add them back one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i figured it out. thx alot guys. you have to go through a bunch of adobe

file folders and run the update and it works like new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my AE CS4.  Can you tell me exactly what you did to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'm having the same problem with my AE CS4.  Can you tell me exactly what you did to fix this problem?

Did you update to After Effects CS4 (9.0.2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I downloaded and installed the update.  During the initializing type engine on start up, I now get After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <960> <AppDirs> <5> Required Dir=        C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Required.

After clicking ok, I again get After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed.  See http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for known issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2).

(0::42)

I'm beginning to think that it isn't worth spending $1000 for this software.  I've been trying to installed this for few days now and starting to get aggrevated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened when you contacted Adobe Technical Support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've yet to hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2009 Oct 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind...After almost three weeks, the last 2 days of which was solely spent on my computer almost non-stop, I've finally figured out what was causing After Effects CS4 to crash on startup.  Thanks for the effort in helping Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask what you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, you got it.

I'm now searching a way to remove all MBL components because they're not in the AE application folders and not even in the adobe library...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Red Giant software for instructions (if needed) on how to uninstall Magic Bullet, and also to learn about their plans for CS4 compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was googling "After Effects CS 4 crashes on start up " and finally I end up here. Well, after reading and following some replies, I figured out the way on this problem. You could try this, It works for me, I used to stuck at starting up screen while it's loading Media Core ( about 2 % ).

If you're using Vista ( maybe 7 ) ,

1. Go go Control Panel -> System-> Advance System settings

2. Click Advanced tab, Performance -> Setting

3. Click Data Execution Prevention  -> Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select - > Here you click Browse and choose where your AE CS4 location is, and click Apply -> OK .

If you're using Mac , I'm sorry because I still didn't install AE CS 4 on my leopard.  Gotta give it a shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same problem on win 7 x64

did the update but didn't work...

but i found out that it works if you run as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me too. Just hold shift when clicking the After Effects icon, and select "Run as Administrator".

Worked perfectly.

Mariano Alesandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of the above:

- 9.03 update

-   1. Go go Control Panel -> System-> Advance System settings

2. Click Advanced tab, Performance -> Setting

3. Click Data Execution Prevention  -> Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select - > Here you click Browse and choose where your AE CS4 location is, and click Apply -> OK .

- Run as administrator

Nothing worked. I still get the crash at start-up with the message

<960> <AppDirs> <5> Required Dir=    C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Required.

and after that sorry, AE can'r continue..

Help me please, I have the 30 days trial and I desperately need to learn how this program works for a project. After that I want to buy it.

My system is 32bit Vista Windows, I installed AE CS4 (that's the last one to run on 32bit right?) and did an update to 9.03.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it in windows 7.

AE 5.5.

The problem is not in register — it is in user profile.

To correct this:

1. Create new user profile.
  2. Replace all files in your profile with new created. (if saying cant replace, just skip, windows cannot replace all of them, it okay)
  3. Run AE. It works!

You dont even need to restart windows. And you can do it all from your "corrupted" profile.

it took me 2 minutes to make it all run again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you tell where exactly I could find User profile? Thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remove quicktime 7 you can use it that all! i try anh success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of days trying to sort out this problem I found that by uninstalling my ToonBoom software the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines