Skip navigation
skinnc
Currently Being Moderated

a keyword is now in italics

Aug 29, 2009 11:11 AM

Folks -  Sorry to be peppering the forum with questions, but if the Help menu of Bridge was even halfway helpful I wouldn't have to.

I see that a keyword is currently in Italics.  I thought I had deleted it and instead it is not deletable as all the options are grayed out.  What does the italics imply, and how can I remove this keyword?

Many thx in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2009 1:09 PM   in reply to skinnc

When you see a keyword listed in Italics it means that it is still assigned to at least one image. In other words, you deleted the keyword from the list, not the images to which it was assigned.

The easiest way to find the image or images is to look at the keyword panel on the left side of Bridge (see screenshot). All assigned keywords for the folder of images you're viewing will be listed. Find the unwanted keyword and click on it to filter down to only those images that use that keyword. Select all of them then go back to the right side keyword panel. The unwanted keyword should still be italic, but will contain a checkmark. When you remove the checkmark the keyword is removed from the images. Once it has been removed from your images it should be possible to permanently remove it from the list.

bridge-keyword.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Anita Dennis
    64 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 1, 2009 1:08 PM   in reply to skinnc

Help for using keywords in Bridge is at Apply keywords to files. An explanation for italicized keywords is in a topic on that page, Manage keywords.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points