Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Effects on titles

Mar 27, 2009 5:01 AM

For some reason any effect I put on a title is not working... It just rolls through the effect and then jump cuts to the title. Even with just a dissolve. Anyone else having this problem??? They work when they are un-rendered but as soon as you render them to no longer work.

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2009 5:08 AM   in reply to pebalsamo
    I would have expected the opposite, suggesting your hardware just wasn't up to spec. Not sure what might cause this.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2009 6:54 AM   in reply to pebalsamo
    When using the cross dissolve just add a keyframe to the opacity of the title, no need to tweek. That might do the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2009 7:23 AM   in reply to pebalsamo
    >XP Pro (64 Bit)

It's worth mentioning that Adobe does not support XP x64. You may well run into other problems because of that operating system.

Cheers
    Eddie

PremiereProPedia    ( RSS feed)
    - Over 350 frequently answered questions
    - Over 300 free tutorials
    - Maintained by editors like you
    Forum FAQ

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2009 8:23 AM   in reply to pebalsamo
    Phil,

In this case, I think you have a workaround, thanks to Ann. BTW, it's Transitions, and not Effects, that you are talking about. Still, you got it to work. Let's hope that the upcoming 4.1 update does address this issue.

As for XP-64, well that was really a beta. MS "killed" it, by rolling it into Vista 64, with modifications from the beta-release testing.

Some people seem to get it to work with PrP, but others do not. Because it is a deadend OS, I think that you'll see support for Vista-64 (and now Win7-64), but never directly for XP-64. Hope that you are one of the lucky ones, and will have everything work fine, until you upgrade to whatever the then current release of MS's 64-bit OS is.

If you do encounter problems, there have been many threads on the XP-64 OS with PrP. A search *might* yield some useful answers. Here's hoping that you have no OS-related issues.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2009 2:53 PM   in reply to pebalsamo
    Phil,

Good luck with the OS. Keep watching the forum, as XP-64 questions come up with regularity. Maybe you can help someone else running PrP on it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 1:39 PM   in reply to pebalsamo

It's not just xp 64 issue, i'm having the same problem in Vista 64 Ultimate no matter what I try.

I tried cross disolve and dip to black refuses to render. This is garbage not being able to add a disolve to a title.

I have PP CS 4 running on a quad core xeon, 12 GB ram.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 1:52 PM   in reply to pebalsamo

I did try adding a key frame to both the opacity and motion settings and got "f" all in return! I downloaded a patch 2 weeks ago, you think they would have had it fix by then. You pay big money for a NLE software package only to find it can't do dissolves on titles?!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 2:36 PM   in reply to John Novotny

I can do dissolves on titles just fine here in Vista 64.  I can also add Motion and Opacity keyframes to a title and have them work exactly as expected.

I offer that information so that you know the software is capable of doing it, and so that you know you can work your way out of this if we can figure out what you're doing wrong.

Please outline your exact procedure, starting with the creation of the title, and including some screenshots along the way.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:06 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

I might actually start by listing your exact Premiere version to make sure all is up to date.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:17 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Thanks Jeff, it's good to know it works, I'll give you some details first and then you can tell if you need me to get you any screens.

Well to give you a quick run down. I drag and drop transitions over my desired location and this has worked for every transition in my sequence, except the title. I've tried adding black video over top of the title and fading it in, nope doesn't work. The funny thing is it plays back fine in the program window, but refuses to render like all the other effects in my sequence and of course doesn't export. In the case of adding a key frame it goes through the motions of rendering but I end up with the red line of death still appearing above the effect in my title. 

I have a new Dell t3500 workstation with quad xeon, quadro nvideo video card and 3 hdd's with captured video and audio on one, previews write to another, and applications on the main drive.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:19 PM   in reply to John Novotny

...start by listing your exact Premiere version...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:19 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I did mention that I'm running PP CS4. But no worries I don't mind mentioning it again.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:21 PM   in reply to John Novotny

But which version of CS4?  There are three.  (That's kind of what the 'exact' was hinting at.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:29 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Sorry Jeff, I forgot to mention, that when I created the title. I clicked "File/New/Title" from the top menu and then typed my text and closed the title window. Then moved the title into the timeline from the Project window by draging it into the timeline with my mouse. Perhaps I missed a step, I am new to CS4, last version I worked with was CS2 a few years ago. Thanks again. Let me know if you still want screen caps. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:30 PM   in reply to John Novotny

...start by listing your exact Premiere version...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:34 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Gotcha, I believe it's 4.1.0. Is that what you're looking for?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:35 PM   in reply to John Novotny

Yup.  Thanks.

Check that, though.  Go to Help>About and be certian, because your issues sounds exactly like a problem that was fixed with the 4.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:39 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim is right.  4.0.0, and maybe 4.0.1 had a bug that behaved exactly as you describe.  4.1.0 fixed the issue.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 3:52 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

When I go to Help/About Adobe Premiere Pro, it says Version 4.1.0. So it seems I'm SOL.

I've had Adobe issues with Dell before, but I'm not sure who to blame; Vista, Adobe or Dell, I may kill them all and let God sort them out.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 4:01 PM   in reply to John Novotny

or maybe I'll try a reinstall first...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 4:06 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

The weird thing is I edited a video before applying an update and I was able to fade a title with ease. Strange.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 9:15 PM   in reply to John Novotny

Sounds like you're living in Bizarro world there, John.  For everyone else, this problems existed before the 4.1 update, not after.

At this point, I'd say test out a new title in a new project.  Maybe something in this one got corrupted.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2009 2:08 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Good idea, if it doesn't work, I'll have to try a reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2009 4:20 PM   in reply to John Novotny

OK my titles are working properly now!! It must have been a corupt file or I somehow did something to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2009 4:32 PM   in reply to John Novotny

John,

Glad that you got it sorted. In years, I have had no issues with Titles in PrPro and do a lot of animation on them - some that might be better done in AE, but I get lazy and just keep working on them in PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)