It's not just xp 64 issue, i'm having the same problem in Vista 64 Ultimate no matter what I try.
I tried cross disolve and dip to black refuses to render. This is garbage not being able to add a disolve to a title.
I have PP CS 4 running on a quad core xeon, 12 GB ram.
I did try adding a key frame to both the opacity and motion settings and got "f" all in return! I downloaded a patch 2 weeks ago, you think they would have had it fix by then. You pay big money for a NLE software package only to find it can't do dissolves on titles?!
I can do dissolves on titles just fine here in Vista 64. I can also add Motion and Opacity keyframes to a title and have them work exactly as expected.
I offer that information so that you know the software is capable of doing it, and so that you know you can work your way out of this if we can figure out what you're doing wrong.
Please outline your exact procedure, starting with the creation of the title, and including some screenshots along the way.
Thanks Jeff, it's good to know it works, I'll give you some details first and then you can tell if you need me to get you any screens.
Well to give you a quick run down. I drag and drop transitions over my desired location and this has worked for every transition in my sequence, except the title. I've tried adding black video over top of the title and fading it in, nope doesn't work. The funny thing is it plays back fine in the program window, but refuses to render like all the other effects in my sequence and of course doesn't export. In the case of adding a key frame it goes through the motions of rendering but I end up with the red line of death still appearing above the effect in my title.
I have a new Dell t3500 workstation with quad xeon, quadro nvideo video card and 3 hdd's with captured video and audio on one, previews write to another, and applications on the main drive.
Sorry Jeff, I forgot to mention, that when I created the title. I clicked "File/New/Title" from the top menu and then typed my text and closed the title window. Then moved the title into the timeline from the Project window by draging it into the timeline with my mouse. Perhaps I missed a step, I am new to CS4, last version I worked with was CS2 a few years ago. Thanks again. Let me know if you still want screen caps.
When I go to Help/About Adobe Premiere Pro, it says Version 4.1.0. So it seems I'm SOL.
I've had Adobe issues with Dell before, but I'm not sure who to blame; Vista, Adobe or Dell, I may kill them all and let God sort them out.
Sounds like you're living in Bizarro world there, John. For everyone else, this problems existed before the 4.1 update, not after.
At this point, I'd say test out a new title in a new project. Maybe something in this one got corrupted.
Glad that you got it sorted. In years, I have had no issues with Titles in PrPro and do a lot of animation on them - some that might be better done in AE, but I get lazy and just keep working on them in PrPro.
Europe, Middle East and Africa