• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

real jerky movement with a lot of activity

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please redirect me if I'm posting to the wrong forum..  but I'm using Encoder 2.5 and when I stream one of my events involving groups of women singing and dancing in very flashy outfits (lots of sequins, etc) the video portion of the stream becomes quite choppy.. this smooths out when they go still or have slow movement. Does this sound like a hardware issue (using Osprey cards) or FMS setting? Help????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

few steps will help

-. increase the buffer size on flash player client swf to 2-5 seconds.

if doesn't help then it might be client side machine(on which video is getting played back) processing power issue

--> reduce the video size/bitrate.

--> try switching off video smoothing in swf if it is on.

--> monitor per core cpu usage on client machine,  flash player taking a complete cpu core or all of the cpus to >70-80% usage is a sign on cpu limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional hints.. I should clarify though that the reduction in quality during times of movement is on the streaming server.. I can see it in the archved FLV when viewing after the fact, so I don't think the issue is in the viewer in particular.  Other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines