Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sending Fax via EMail

Jan 22, 2009 6:16 PM

Hello,
Is it possible to send Fax Number via Email through Output Server to MS Exchange? I get the "Underlying mail system has reported problems in accessing post office" error when I try. We can send Fax Number via Outlook no problem. thanks, C.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2009 6:11 AM   in reply to (Cameron_Howell)
    I am a little unclear what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to send a fax, that is a separate functionality than sending an email. Have a look at the presentment target list to see the supported fax servers and review the ^fax command in the print agent reference manual.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2009 2:22 PM   in reply to (Cameron_Howell)

Hi Cameron,

Did you find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem.  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 1:47 AM   in reply to GuyPhempoompanitch

Hi all,

I use to send faxes from my email. All you have to do is purchase an account from a internet fax provider (i bought from popfax). All you have to do is to configurate your mail agent (such as outlook) and insert the mail of the company, the security code , attach the file and write the numbers (up to 500 of numbers)

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 6:17 AM   in reply to Michelle_Hanson

Michelle_Hanson wrote: Cheapest Business VoIP Phone Inexpensive Online Fax

Hi all,

I use to send faxes from my email. All you have to do is purchase an account from a internet fax provider (i bought from popfax). All you have to do is to configurate your mail agent (such as outlook) and insert the mail of the company, the security code , attach the file and write the numbers (up to 500 of numbers)

______________________________________________________________________ _

We've used several email fax companies as well and it is a convenient way to email if you don't mind scanning everything first and for many files,if they contain personal info or confidential email, you need to password protect before you can email.  So in many way, a regular fax is more time efficient.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2010 4:24 PM   in reply to KCMcCann

The syntax I've seen is phonenumber@yourfaxprovider.com if you're using an online fax provider. Personally I use Metrofax for an email fax service. Also there's a new online fax review site called http://www.faqsaboutfax.com worth looking at.

For a local fax server I'd think one's IT department should have the correct info.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2011 4:15 PM   in reply to KCMcCann

removed

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to (Cameron_Howell)

We've been using an online fax service for awhile now and it works pretty smoothly through email. With FaxitFast.com, the service is entirely web based, so sending faxes is as easy as composing a new email and inserting the fax recipient's number as the address, i.e. 3054447755@faxitfast.com and attach any files you want to be faxes (I'm pretty sure FaxitFast lets you attach up to 10 files per outbound fax). I've been using them for a little over a year now sending faxes via Outlook and I would never go back to my old traditional fax machine.

Definitely worth taking a look at if you are looking for a reliable email fax provider. Plus they offer a 30 day free trial with no set up fees to ensure you can actually try the service for a month before you pay.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 2:18 AM   in reply to (Cameron_Howell)

I've been using a free service over at www.faxtastic.co.uk which works great!

You can either pick a new fax number for free or use your existing number, once set up (in a matter of seconds) you can send and receive faxes to/from your email account, the faxes are sent as .PDF attachments to the email.

Check out www.faxtastic.co.uk and have a look, one of the best free email to fax/fax to email services I've found so far!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to (Cameron_Howell)

(Cameron_Howell) wrote:

Hello,
    Is it possible to send Fax Number via Email through Output Server to MS Exchange? I get the "Underlying mail system has reported problems in accessing post office" error when I try. We can send Fax Number via Outlook no problem. thanks, C.

I agree with Cameron although I have been on hold for a little while the one time I needed support, but other than that they are a great service and friendly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)