• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE hangs at "Initializing Media Core"

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed the Production Premium suite. In the beginning, all apps ran fine. I automatically updated the suite, and AE now is version 9.0.2. I could use all applications in the suite, including After Effects.

Then something happened. First I updated my NVIDIA driver (GeForce 7600GT), then I installed Reg Giant Key Correct Pro. After that, AE just won't start anymore. When loading, it stops at "Initializing Media Core".

I have uninstalled RedGiant Key Correct Pro.

I have rolled back my NVIDIA driver.

I have uninstalled my NVIDIA driver.

I have reinstalled After Affects from the DVD.

I have updated AE once more (the DVD has version 9.0, the update is 9.0.2)

I have always rebooted when uninstalling / installing.

No matter what I do - AE is stuck shortly after it loads, at "Initializing Media Core", and I have to kill it using Task Manager in Windows.

I run Vista 64bit with 8Gb RAM, and  NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT.

ingvarai

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Magic Bullet is a Red Giant product which installs a Media Core component which produces this problem.

Maybe Key Correct Pro does that too (or you have Magic Bullet?) Make sure you uninstall using an installer rather than delete the plug-ins manually.

If it's not that, then you could have a third party codec that could be causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Key Correct Pro does that too

No, not that I'm aware of. There was a compatibility fix for CS4, but the plug-in itself is not hardware accelerated and should not interfere with MediaCore. Magic Bullet products (Looks, Colorista, Frames, Steady) however might. It's definitely worth checking. In addition, I recommend checking the Media Cache. perhaps there are just some damaged conform files in there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case closed!

Here is my approach:

I logged in as another user, then After Effects started with no problem (I should have done this before testing anything else!)

I switched back to my standard user, and inspected the user data.

Here is the folder C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\9.0

Here is the file which causes the error: Adobe After Effects 9.0 MC Prefs

This is an XML file, without the xml extension

Here is the culprit, the offending line:

<ML.Audio.ASIOHost.DriverName>ASIO 2.0 - ESI 1010</ML.Audio.ASIOHost.DriverName>

ESI 1010 is my breakout sound card, and ASIO is a common popular sound driver (very low latency).

Conclusion:

I did too many things at the time, Updating NVIDIA, Installing Key Correct Pro - AND - edited the sound preferences in AE. I apologize to Red Giant for suspecting their software!

Comments:

I wonder why AE can't tackle this. By installing CS4 Production Premium, my hard drive's real estate was set back 20Gb (!). Still this application is not equipped with software that will circumvent these kind of problems when loading, no message telling me that "Sound driver preferences are bad - default preferences are used instead". It just hangs!!

ingvarai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE uses WDM sound. It should be able to handle ASIO in a WDM wrapper, but it cannot handel it natively. I think Premiere and Sounbooth do, though. So in essence AE crashed due to attempting to initialize the card incorrectly. I'm sure this can be remedied by enabling some compatibility switch in the audio config, also, but if removing the line does the trick, success can hardly be argued. As they say: Fortune favors the bold!

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it wrong when trying to tweak the sound settings in AE. I am used to this, other applications do not recognize my ESI 1010. AE, however, does, and it uses WDM and my ESI 1010, in accordance with the settings. Total silence reigns at the moment though, so I'll have to find out why AE is so quiet.

Anyhows - thanks to all of you who responded, without this response I would probably not have come up with the idea of switching user. Having switched user, and seeing that AE started fine, the rest was a matter of time to narrow down the problem.

ingvarai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the latest AE 10.0.1  update, installed it. It read that everything installed correctly. Then  upon loading up AE, I still get the following messages one after the  other:

"After Effects Warning: Failed to initialize mediacore"
"After Effects Warning: MediaCore is not correctly initialized"
"You have at least one output module that refers to a missing ouput plug-in. Please check your Output Module Templates"

The  bizarre thing is that before, I had to do a system restore because of  my Nvidia Card (which is still not working), I had this same problem but  I fixed it when I installed AE updates directly from within the  program. Then I was able to import all media files. but now i cannot  import any audio or video or Adobe Premiere project files!!

Any ideas? Re-install AE?

thanks

Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the Antivirus blocking something. Restart computer and Disable antivirus software for 5 minutes then try open After effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it was Ignite Express 2018 which was the problem.

i uninstalled it and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to solve this problem easily!

While you are stuck at "initializing media core", you can end the process of the quicktime server. afterwhich, adobe cs5 will proceed as usual

windows 7, x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeppo it works this way for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE!!haha its simple just install the older versions of quicktime like Quick Time 7 and beloW! or just run adobeqt32server.exe at startup even if your quicktime is updated or you can create a shortcut adobeqt32server.exe and run it!, for Newbies the directory of adobeqt32server.exe  is  C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS5/Support Files/32/Adobe QT32 Server.exe Thank you!

1 more you can create a easy shorcut! first open notepad and paste:

@echo off
start "" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\32\Adobe QT32 Server.exe"
start "" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\AfterFX.exe"

and save it as Adobe After Effects CS5.bat dont save it as txt file save it as bat file ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of these things and the problem still doesn't get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this problem with CS5 not 5.5 AE wont load . Was just useing it.. Then had to force quit now it hans on this spot..

Need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solutions described here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to searh for an add:

• Adobe QT32 Server
  • dynamiclinkmanager

there are no results so I can't allow them to get through the firewall. Please advise. This issue is crippling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2011 Sep 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, but today I update my Avast free to internet security, the problem disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2011 Sep 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anti Virus software from just about every manufacturer has been known to cause intermittent problems, slowdowns, and crashes at various times for many Windows users.

The problems have not been limited to Adobe. Any app that writes to disk in the background can be broken by anti-virus software. If a windows machine I was on suddenly stopped working properly or failed to install an app that's the first place I'd look. The second, video codecs. The third, fonts. They all can easily go screwy and foul things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I renamed the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)\Common to common1. Started and gave a Media Core error but still loaded. I renamed the folder to Common and failed again. My solution was to uninstall Quick Time.

Emmet Sullivan

Sullivan UnLimited

www.sullivanunlimited.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to fix this is to Delete your user account and create a new one. In my experience the problem exists somewhere in the usuer preferences. I can log out and sign in as a different user and AE fires right up. This does seem to be an issue with AE not working well with Adobe QT32 Server.exe. I reinstalled AE, removed all plugins, un-installed anre reinstalled quicktime, all to no avail. The best and easiest solution has been to: 1) move all stuff you want from your user account (my documents, my music folder, desktop, Outlook database files etc) to a renamed folder on your C drive. 2) Create a new User account. 3) Delete your old user account. 4)login as new user and copy over any old files you saved on your C drive. This should wipe any problems that were burried in the user acount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just turn off the firewall of your antivirus.

In my case McAfee firewall was creating the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have an antivirus program installed. i've tried turning off all

firewalls it still does it.

And Adobe is strangely absent from all of these discussions.

$800 software and they can't afford to pay for someone to do tech support?

Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with most other CS5 problems, it's 100% Quicktime related. Fact. Look no further.

Will Adobe fix it? No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> As with most other CS5 problems, it's 100% Quicktime related. Fact. Look no further.

One of the possible causes for this is related to QuickTime---specifically QuickTime failing to load a bad third-party codec (usually an AVI importer). See the second solution on this page for details:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> And Adobe is strangely absent from all of these discussions.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Two Adobe employees have responded on this thread alone.

> $800 software and they can't afford to pay for someone to do tech support?

You can contact Adobe Technical Support here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines