Skip navigation
Matt Newell
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with examples

Nov 19, 2008 6:48 PM

I just download the project and if I try to compile and debug any of the examples I get this error.

insufficient permissions to create node

This happens on messaging_internal function createNode(p_collectionName:String, p_nodeName:String=null, p_nodeConfiguration:NodeConfiguration=null):void

Any ideals? Also I am having a hard time find information on Cocomo. Will Adobe post Cocomo on livedocs?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2008 10:38 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi,

In any of the example, you need to add your userName i.e. your email id , your password and your roomUrl.
    All these values you need to add yourselves in the example files to run the examples.

Cocomo livedocs are here :

http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/acrobatcom/index.html

Thanks
    Hironmay Basu

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 11:27 AM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi,
    Are you sure you are entering as owner in your application after the first time you created the room? You are getting permission errors since you can see in your logs your affiliation and role is 5 i.e. lower than guest. You need first time to go into your application with a newly created room as the owner.

The first time you run the code, the whiteboard, note, etc, are trying to create new shared destinations on the service. Since we only want developers to be able to add new features to their room, the first time you run an application, you should log in with your developer account - this installs those shared components within your room. From then on, your (autopromoted) guest users can use them.

Like for e.g. in DefaultPods example in DefaultPods.mxml you should have for the first time
    <rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator
    id="auth"
    userName="AdobeIDusername" // here put you email address
    password="AdobeIDpassword" /> // here put your password

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer
    roomURL="YourPersonalRoomUrl" // roomURL of format: http://connectnow.acrobat.com/<account>/<roomname>.
    id="cSession"
    authenticator="{auth}">

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Hironmay Basu

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 12:32 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi ,

In the login example, after you put down your dev account url , user name and password , are you clicking on radiobutton user ( by default guest is selected ). You have to log in as user.
    Thanks
    Hironmay Basu

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 12:33 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi Matt,

Chances are, you logged in as a guest first, and your session credentials got cached in the browser. Try clearing your sessions or restarting your browser, and you'll be able to log in as the OWNER.

hope that helps

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 1:15 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi,

In the cocomo dev console when you log in, in the url you put
    http://connectnow.acrobat.com/<account>

whereas if you are using roomURL you should be using
    http://connectnow.acrobat.com/<account>/<roomname>.

Are you doing this ?

Thanks
    Hironmay basu

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 2:02 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi,

Are you able to run any other example like DefaultPods by adding your same details of roolURL, userName and password ?

Thanks
    Hironmay Basu

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 2:06 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hi Matt,

Could you copy-paste your debug output for us again? The output you've posted so far clearly shows you coming in as a guest (role=5).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2008 6:11 PM   in reply to Nigel Pegg
    Hey guys, i'm having the same problem. I've gone through all the required steps (username, password, restarted the browser, restarted the system (i'm on a mac OS X), tried the SimpleChatExample, DefaultPods, LoginDialog and the example in the video, all with the same output:

Cocomo Beta Build # : 0.9
    requestInfo http://connectnow.acrobat.com/jaydub17/awesomeroom?mode=xml&x=0.654650 7026068866
    Getting FMS at https://na2.connectnow.acrobat.com/fms?ticket=1ufwu6a78ljwg, attempt #1/3
    result: <fms>
    <origin>fms2.acrobat.com</origin>
    <proto_ports>rtmps:443</proto_ports>
    <retry_attempts>2</retry_attempts>
    </fms>
    #FMSConnector# Thu Nov 20 18:06:00 GMT-0800 2008 protocols: [object ProtocolPortPair]
    #FMSConnector# Thu Nov 20 18:06:00 GMT-0800 2008 [attempt 1 of 2] Connecting to 0/0: rtmps://fms2.acrobat.com/cocomo/na2-sdk-a5e1baa1-4c14-44f4-b3c3-8261a 0787936/awesomeroom #startProtosConnect#
    #FMSConnector# Thu Nov 20 18:06:01 GMT-0800 2008 tempNetStatusHandler 0/1,NetConnection.Connect.Success
    #FMSConnector# Thu Nov 20 18:06:01 GMT-0800 2008 isTunneling? false
    #FMSConnector# Thu Nov 20 18:06:01 GMT-0800 2008 is using RTMPS? true
    RECEIVED LOGIN AT SESSION
    .user descriptor from server [object]
    \\
    .displayName [string]= null
    .role [number]= 10
    .userID [string]= GUEST-35D49C2F-C7AE-484A-9616-51DC91CC1858
    .affiliation [number]= 5
    RECEIVENODES UserManager
    receiveAllSynchData UserManager
    RECEIVENODES FileManager
    receiveAllSynchData FileManager
    checkManagerSync:[object FileManager]
    RECEIVENODES AVManager
    receiveAllSynchData AVManager
    checkManagerSync:[object StreamManager]
    RECEIVENODES RoomManager
    receiveAllSynchData RoomManager
    checkManagerSync:[object RoomManager]
    checkManagerSync:[object UserManager]
    Error: Error - insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribe Collection()[/Users/jcrilly/Applications/Adobe Flex Builder 3/plugins/com.adobe.cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/Messag eManager.as:190]

thanks guys!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2008 12:20 AM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Matt,

the warning you see "warning: unable to bind to property 'userManager' on class 'com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer'" is not related to your problem and it's really harmless.

Your problem is that this user:

.affiliation [number]= 5
    .displayName [string]= Matt Newell
    .role [number]= 5
    .userID [string]= WCD-0383665F4921FE99992015C2

is not the owner of the account, and the account you are using is a ConnectNow account (note how you are trying to access the room "mymeeting" that is the default and only room in a meeting account).

I suspect you have two different AdobeID, with 2 email addresses, one of which may be associated to an SDK account but you are using it to access a meeting account

jgcrilly, your problem is different. These are the info about the user that Cocomo sees:

.displayName [string]= null
    .role [number]= 10
    .userID [string]= GUEST-35D49C2F-C7AE-484A-9616-51DC91CC1858
    .affiliation [number]= 5

note that displayName is null and the userID is GUEST-*

Looks like you are not passing anything to the authenticator, or for some reason we manage to lose all your info :)

A snipped of the code you are using (setting the info in the authenticator) would help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2009 8:36 PM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hey guys, I seem to be getting the same error as well, would you be able to analyze mine too. I'm lost. Once i pass the error, I get the chat screen but cannot send any comments to the room. Although I can see the main user.

Thanks in advance!

Error: Error - insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribe Collection()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\m anager\MessageManager.as:190
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/flushPendingSubscript ions()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager \MessageManager.as:792]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/checkManagerSync()[C:\work\main \connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSession.as:481]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/userReceivedOrEdited()[C:\w ork\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.a s:944]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/onItemReceive()[C:\work\mai n\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.as:811]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveIt em()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedModel\Collect ionNode.as:741
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveIt em()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\M essageManager.as:661
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItem()[C:\w ork\main\connect\cocomo\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionMana gerBase.as:331]

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2009 9:05 AM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hum, I'm getting problems now when trying to Authenticate with my AdobeID and password.

i.e Compile an example with a guest authentication

id="auth"
    userName="joeBlogs"
    />

> RosterList shows 'joeBlogs'

now recompile with OWNER credentials:

id="auth"
    userName="{AdobeIDEmail}"
    password="{AdobePassword}"
    />

Roster is still logging me is as JoeBlogs? Was working yesterday. Is there a problem with the service today? Thxs paddy ;)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2009 10:39 AM   in reply to pdkn
    @paddy, sometimes the browser holds on to session credentials and won't let go - try restarting your browser if you're switching authentication scenarios on the fly (usually, I run from FlexBuilder and it spawns a Safari window, and I never have this problem).

@ashford, the problem you're encountering is that you're trying to add new features to a Cocomo room without OWNER privileges. Essentially, Cocomo only allows the account owner of a room to add new multiuser elements to a room - this is a security measure which ensures that nobody else can use your room for their own purposes. I'm going to add better info to this error so that users who encounter it will have a better sense what to do. Simply login using your developer credentials, run the room, and the new features will be added automatically, and stay there for good (so you only need to perform this step once as you develop).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2009 3:58 AM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Thanks Nigel, It looks like there are issues depending on weather OWNER/PUBLISHER logs in first?

1: restart Browser (I'm using Firefox PC)

2: Compile an example with a guest authentication first (I'm using CustomRoster)

id="auth"
    userName="joeBlogs"
    />

Result - RosterList shows ['joeBlogs, Participant']

2: recompile with OWNER credentials and open in new Firefox Tab:

id="auth"
    />

Result - RosterList shows ['joeBlogs 2, Participant', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

3: Recompile with a different guest authentication and open in new Firefox Tab:

id="auth"
    userName="barbieBlogs"
    />

Result - RosterList now shows ['barbieBlogs, Participant', 'joeBlogs 2, Participant', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

4: recompile with OWNER credentials and open in new Firefox Tab:

Result - RosterList now shows ['barbieBlogs 2, Participant', 'barbieBlogs, Participant', 'joeBlogs 2, Participant', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

5: Open in different Browser (IE7) (logging in with OWNER credentials)

Result - RosterList now shows ['paddy keane, Host', 'barbieBlogs 2, Participant', 'barbieBlogs, Participant', 'joeBlogs 2, Participant', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

So, as you say, looks like there is an issue with Firefox holding on to session credentials

--------------------------------------

6: Now close all Browsers and restart Firefox

7: recompile and login first time with OWNER credentials:

id="auth"
    />

Result - RosterList now shows ['paddy keane, Host']

8: re-Compile with a guest authentication

id="auth"
    userName="joeBlogs"
    />

Result - RosterList now shows ['paddy keane, Host', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

9: re-Compile with OWNER credentials:

Result - RosterList now shows ['paddy keane 2, Host', 'paddy keane, Host', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

10: re-Compile as guest:

id="auth"
    userName="barbieBlogs"
    />

Result - RosterList now shows ['paddy keane 2, Host', 'paddy keane, Host', 'barbieBlogs, Participant', 'joeBlogs, Participant']

This shows session credentials working correctly

-------------------------

Conclusion. Notice the order the users are adding in steps 1-5 and the steps 6-10. logging in first time as a guest, users are always added a index=0. But notice when logging in first as a OWNER in Steps 6-10, there seems to be priority handling, guests (PUBLISHER) are only added after OWNERS. Does that make sense? let me know if that helps to make steps 1-5 work correctly?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2009 10:57 AM   in reply to Matt Newell
    Hmm, very interesting Paddy - thanks for narrowing this down! We'll take a look to see if this is something we can fix on our end.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points