Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to save a recorded stream .flv file outside of an FMS application directory?

Sep 16, 2009 9:28 AM

I have successfully been able to write some client-side ActionScript that allows me to record my webcam and mic data to my FMS server.  The .flv files get saved to a directory under the applications directory.  However, I need to process those flv files for a web application and would like those .flv files to be saved to the web app's directory (outside of the FMS application directory).  I have tried changing the <Streams> tag in the Application.xml file that I placed in the FMS application directory, but that simply did not work.

My goal is simple:  to save the recorded stream data outside of the FMS application's directory.  I have been going crazy trying to do this, but would like to know any pointers that any of you experts have.  Can this be done?  If not, how can I execute a server side PHP script after the stream is done recording.  I know about using the exec() function in PHP, but am unsure as to how to execute that script via client-side actionscript.

Here is the path to my FMS server (Linux OS) installation and the application directory.  The application name is "ngale".
/opt/adobe/fms/applications/ngale

Here is the path that my client-side ActionScript is placing the .flv files of the recorded streams
/opt/adobe/fms/applications/ngale/streams/recordings/

Here is the path to my web application
/home/user/public_html/dev.ngale.net/public/

Here is the path that I would like for the .flv recording files to be saved to
/home/user/public_html/dev.ngale.net/public/audio/.flv

Please help before I lose any more hair!!

Thanks!

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points