• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing width of side head doesn't re-flow text

Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 7.2, Windows XP Pro SP3

After completing several chapters of a book, i decided to change the width of the side heading to reduce the white space in the document. I reduced the side heading from 1.5" to 0.75". This worked fine. However, I explected the text to reflow now that the line length is longer. It didn't. Even when I type new text, it does not extend to the right margin. It seems to continue to use the previous line length.

Any suggestions?

Bob Boller

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

How did you change the width of the side head area? You'd want to do it on each Master Page by selecting the text frame > right click to Properties and adjusting the side head width. Then saving the file. And once you have one file set up properly, importing that file's Formats (probably just Page Layouts, but maybe Para formats too (depending on your answer to the next question). And you'd want to remove overrides when you import them...

And, do all the appropriate para tags have the Pagination property set to either Sidehead or In Column, depending on their placement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I was mistaken. The text did reflow. Perhaps when I saved the file?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines