Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Will NOT WORK!!

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

ive tried all the troubleshoot solutions, ive been reading on here the solutions some very kind people have suggested and they do not work either!

getting annoyed with it now cos i can no longer use youtube! i really do not understand why my computer will not download it

i get that error message other people have mentioned, it gets to a certain point of the installing and then the message pops up

anyone who works for adobe please can you fix this? its gotta be some kind of glitch cos ive noticed theres many people who are having the same problem!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I understand exactly how you feel. I had a problem too with F.P.10 update. I don't know if you have been to my post "Is it this simple?" or not. But I explained in great detail my experience and my solution. Ever since then I have been trying to help different posters on this forum. Some have had great success and some have not even responded. I just figured they found a solution somewhere, so that's the objective.

Please read my post I mentioned above and maybe that will help. If you still have questions, post back and I'll try to take a look at what you have done, what error messages, OS/IEvs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thank you for replying

i read your topic and i tried it yet it still does not download

i updated my IE to IE8, clicked manage add-ons and everything linked to adobe is enabled

so i went onto the adobe page where you download Flash Player, the Adobe Download Manager comes up and starts to download but then it just goes blank

i scrolled down to the bottom of the page where it says 'click here to download' and i saved 'Install_Flash_Player.ax'

i open that and it asked 'install_flash_player.ax.exe' and i clicked run

it begins to download and then stops and says 'failed to install' and the part it keeps doing that is when it says during download 'registered: C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\flash10c.ocx'

is that where my problem is?

thing is though, it works for my sister.  you know on windows XP you have all the users names on the right hand side in a list and you click one to log on? well on my sisters account it works but it doesnt for me? do you think its something on my account on the computer stopping it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, After reading what you tried to do and the result, 2 things..... Before you do anything else, go to www.adobe.com/software/flash/about.  This is the Adobe site that will tell you if you have F.P. installed and what version. Sometimes when an install is done, an uninstall, who knows, maybe you do have F.P. installed. I would check to be sure.

The other thing, I would have to check on the Adobe install for windows site, but I recall reading that you need Administrative permission.

I think that makes sense. Are you the Administrator? Maybe your sister is and that is the difference.

You have XP, do you have the SP2 or SP3? Check out that site, & while you are doing that I'll check on that User info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i went on the link you sent, not sure if this is what you mean but in the table it says

WindowsInternet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)10.0.32.18

not sure if thats telling me i have actually got it on my computer though, sorry not completely clued up with adobe.

I am the Administrator and how do i find out if i have SP2 or SP3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of your IE browser, click on Help, About Internet Explorer, that should show you the vs of IE and XP.

The link: Is that the message you received? Or was that a table info on the site itself? 10.0.32.18 is the latest version of F.P.10 and the Shockwave Flash add on. Can you go to manage add ons thru Tools and see if you have this add on? Under file it should state the vs.

In XP F.P. 10 is listed in Add/Remove Programs on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok it says i have IE8.  if SP stands for 'service pack' then its SP3

that info i posted earlier, i just copied and pasted from the table that was on that link you sent me.  there was a table that had a list of different platforms, browzers and player versions.  not just the one i posted. if that makes sense?

in my add ons i have got 'Shockwave ActiveX Control' and thats it

just looked in my add/remove programmes and there isnt FP 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes SP is service pack so you are running XPSP3 and IE8. From all I have read, IE 8 had/has a lot of problems but that alone should not

keep F.P. from installing. You found Shockwave Flash, did it say vs. 10.0.32.18? Is it enabled?

I just went to www.adobe.com/software/flash/about and Adobe told me I have F.P. 10.0.32.18 installed. As soon as that page opened, there is a small block insert and that is where it was listed.  Did you go there? Don't you think you have some version of F.P., since you have the Shockwave Flash? Please just go there, you don't have to do anything. I'm trying to determine if you have Any version of F.P.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my shockwave is version 10.1 thats what it says in the 'manage add ons' list, dont know if that helps?

when i click that link it just has a picture of a F and 'Adobe Flash Player - A lightweight, robust runtime environment for rich media and rich Internet applications'

underneath is a paragraph saying

'Adobe Flash Player is the standard for delivering high-impact, rich Web content. Designs, animation, and application user interfaces are deployed immediately across all browsers and platforms, attracting and engaging users with a rich Web experience.

The table below contains the latest Flash Player version information. Adobe recommends that all Flash Player users upgrade to the most recent version of the player through the Player Download Center to take advantage of security updates.'

on the right of that paragraph is a white box with a red X in it

and then the table of platforms, browsers and player versions

nothing else appears on the screen, just the mini tool bar that pops up across the top that you right click and asks you if you want to install 'ActiveX Control'

i cant see anything on my computer saying ive got any version of flash player either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is good to know. If you had any version at all, that site would have told you. You must have at one time had F.P. since the mange add ons show it & 10 is the latest Shockwave Flash Active X (10.0.32.18)

I would go to the Download Flash Player site(from www.adobe.com)  and follow the instructions, for downloading and installing.

Try that, and it should work. If not, take note of the why nots.

I'll be off line until Sunday afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah ive had flash player before, i just need to install the new one so that youtube and loads of other sites work for me again.

ive tried all the troubleshooting solutions before and none of them work

it tells me its failed to register and when its running through the downloading it stops at

'registered: C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\flash10c.ocx'

which i dont understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I had read that BWolfe suggested to download the Uninstaller to your Desktop.

Download the INstaller  to your Desktop. Then uninstall and install that way.

UNinstaller: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

INstaller: USE the EXE version at http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

I know you have used these from the site, try it this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some more info. On that system 32 macromedia? fiel you mentioned? Go there and open it up, see if you have 2 folders, one that says Flash 10b.ocx and another one Flash10c.ocx.  If you do, delete the one that says b. This may be blocking. When you at one time uninstalled, it could be the uninstaller did not remove that. The 10b is from an older version of F.P. Worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i just tried the 1st suggestion and i can not understand why it doesnt work it still stops installing when it gets to the C:\WINDOWS... thing

so i tried the 2nd suggestion and there is only a 'install' text document and a setup information document

so at the moment ive only got on my computer 'uninstall flash player'

i really can not work out why it will not work for me

would it be a bad idea to delete the 'C:\WINDOWS\system32..' thing? or would that make things worse? because im not sure i would go about getting that back either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience and trying the various steps.  I have read some additional material on that Windows\system32 message.

That message comes up when you are attempting a download and it stops at C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash10c.ocx

Please go to the Post Is it this simple? Look for a reponse to me (eidnolb) on 9/18/09 at 6:12 PM from BlairMac. Read what he did and see if you can follow what he did.  Read his other posts for info. As I recall I think he also uses IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem and thank you for your help.  i just tried what BlairMac said, i restarted the computer and still nothing.  I tried to install FP again using the ax.exe and yet it still stops installing when it gets to the 'C:\WINDOWS...' do you think theres a problem with that file? Would unstalling Shockwave and re-installing it again help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hayhay626  Did you follow BlairMac's procedures from start to finish? He had about 5 steps to resolve his problem. He has IE 8 also.

At which point were you not able able to duplicate his steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did everything he did

my computer>C:\>Windows>system32>macromed>flash

and then double clicked the FlashUtil10c and this new window pops up asking me if i want to update my flash player and clicked 'install now'. the loading bar fills up to 100% and nothing happens

still cant use youtube .. that mini tool bar that pops up asks me to install flash player add on ..

everything ive done it still wont let me install

ok so i printscreened what happens when i attempt to install FP 10 and when my sister installs it on her account

heres mine

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/stitchiscute/?action=view&current=whatitsaysonmine.jpg

and here is my sisters

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/stitchiscute/?action=view&current=whatitsaysonsophies.jpg

whether that is any help as to why it isnt working for me and it is for my sister, i can see a difference myself but not sure what it means exactly

oh and i found out that both me and my sister are admins on the computer so im guessing that has something to do with it too?

Message was edited by: hayhay626

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, It really is frustrating to have to go to California to get to New York from PA, right? LOL I did a Bing search for C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash10.c.ocx and read a lot of the posts and offers of solutions. Some ran HJT logs, ran anti-virus and anti-spyware scanners, changed out hard drives! LOL and even did cart wheels, but in the end, it was the same"I still can't install F.P.10"

At this point, I really don't know what else there is to try. There is something blocking the install and it is related to the C:\windows..macromed system entry, but what exactly, I do not know. I would not advise you to delete that because I do not understand what it is related to and doing so may damage your PC.  I did a search on my PC, but no such file was found, thankfully.

When I cancelled AOL about 3 years ago and went to hi speed service, I was unaware that when I used Add/Remove to remove AOL that there were remaining files on my PC. So eventually, I deleted every mention of AOL from program files, common files and opened up every folder that had the AOL name on it and deleted ALL!

The only thing that you could do would be to uninstall F.P. and follow the instructions to install Version 9. Did you have that version before trying to update to 10?

I am reading a forum about F.P. and if I come across a solution I'll let you know.  The only other option would be to open up an Ask Adobe Support ticket. Someone should know how to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hayhay626, well here is something you might want to read, it is from 2008 which still may be applicable. Read it over and note especially the Solution #4 "Register the flash.ocx file manually"

The link to the page is http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400366.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello hayhay626, I think our posts crossed. Glad I saw that you edited your last post, I thought something was wrong with my email. LOL

It's been a long busy weekend, hour is late here, but when I saw your edited post I thought I would say a word or two(hard for me to do)

Thanks for the screenshots. I saved both to my new folder in favorites entitled "Adobe", what else. LOL Also I have a folder by the same name on my desktop!  Hate to tell you but both folders keep growing. Well, I will take a better look at them tomorrow. At first glance yours

appeared that they just put things back as they had been. If there was a change, I didn't see it.  Your sisters' they removed the "install log"

and when they installed, they put in the "uninstaller".  You did a good job on the screenshots.

Did both you and your sister, uninstall and install from the same site and in the same manner; i.e. directly from the Adobe site, or download to the desktop and proceed from there?

Ok, that's all from the EDT zone, talk to you tomorrow, late afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, no problem for the screenshots thought they would be helpful in some way?

yeah we both downloaded the installer to the desktop and installed it in the same way.  I tried installing FP on my mom's account and she has the same results as me .. doesnt work.  But i also found out that all the accounts on this computer are the admins which confused me a bit.  Could that be why its only working for my sister maybe?  Also my sister has to install FP everytime she logs on but i suppose its better than not being able to install it at all so i can cope with that at the moment lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hayhay626, I'm not clear on which "this computer" the users are all Administrators. Yours? Actually, on anyone's computer, I think this would be a problem. On my PC, I am the Admin. and there are no user accounts set up. I don't think you could have more than one Admin. and am surprised. Maybe you are saying there are no user accounts set up and so therefore, whoever uses the computer, acts as an Admin.?

Your sister having to install each time, good grief.  Well, I have not had the time yet to go over the screenshots, but spent about 2 hours last night snooping around on almost everything on my computer from My Computer>program files>common files, etc. Do a little searching and see if you can open up anything with an Adobe folder etc.  I was trying to see what programs, files, etc are on mine that may be different than yours. The "failed to register" error and that it stops at the C:\Windows thing, especially look for that. As soon as I get back I'll review the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi sorry not been able to get on here for a while, dont worry i havent given up lol

this is what i mean by the accounts on my computer all being admins

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/stitchiscute/?action=view&current=logonpage.jpg

and all three have this but their names instead

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/stitchiscute/?action=view&current=admin.jpg

ive got adobe reader 9 and that works fine if thats what you mean by find anything with an adobe folder

this is what is in my flash folder after going through 'C:\WINDOWS\system32...'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/stitchiscute/?action=view&current=flashfolder.jpg

oh another thing which i just found really weird, i was on another forum and someone had posted a youtube video and it let me watch it, so i thought maybe FP is working for me now! so i go onto the youtube site and its telling me to download FP but still getting the same results when i do!  so i thought that was quite strange that it would play on the fourm page but not on the youtube site itself!

Message was edited by: hayhay626 (sorry i need to plan my replies better, i think of things after ive hit reply lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hayhay626 Well, here I thought all of those good vibes I was sending your way fixed all of your issues and you were living happily ever after. LOL I guess Adobe had their shields up. Ha-Ha.

Ok, well, last things first. Ability to view the youtube from the forum, don't know for sure, but probably the poster had the Shockwave Active X and you didn't need it. Just a guess.

I noticed that on the screen shot of Win 32, Flash10c.0cx, it shows 3,877 or 3,867 KB? Did you open that up to see what all is there that would be that big of a file? Just curious.

Before you do anything else, please do this.

Go into Add/Remove and list everything that says Adobe.

Go to IE>manage add ons and do the same.

Then get back to me, I want to see what is listed and maybe we can figure out if there is something that needs deleted, or disabled.

In the meantime I am doing some checking on Win 32 on mine, to see what I have in there.

Thanks, going to eat supper(late) also.:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines